​​​​​​​​​​​​​Service Record Information

  • Current Employee, New Hire, Re-Hire and Former Employees

    • Any employee resigning should visit the Katy ISD Human Resources Resignation / Retirement information page.

    It is the responsibility of the employee to provide verification of all full-time experience earned outside of Katy Independent School District. Experience acceptable for salary credit purposes must be earned in a public or private school that is accredited by an accrediting association recognized by the Texas Education Agency.  For experience to be considered for current year salary placement, the following forms MUST be received at Human Resources no later than your last work day of the school year you were hired for.

    Original service records can be:

    • Turned in at your Verification of Employment meeting
    • Emailed directly to servicerecords@katyisd.org by the prior school district(s) (per TEA guidelines it can only be district to district), or
    • Mailed using the address information below. 

    Attn: Human Resources Service Records
    Katy ISD ESC Annex
    438 FM 1463
    Katy, TX 77494

    You may also contact us directly at:


    Service Records Frequently Asked Questions

    Current Employee Request for a service record:

    Current employee can, only, request a service record for educational purposes, please email servicerecords@katyisd.org with that request and the details.

    Former Katy ISD employees requesting a service record.

    Please submit the appropriate information and send an email to servicerecords@katyisd.org. Please include your full name at the time of employment, approximate date you were employed with Katy ISD, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number and where you want the service record sent. Your request will be processed, per TEA, within the next 30 days.

    Katy ISD employees that have submitted a resignation.

    Once Katy ISD accepts your resignation, an email will be sent to your work and personal email address. The email will provide a link to the exit paperwork, which includes a Service Record Request form. Here is a link to all the forms associated with the resignation process: Resignation & Retirement

    New hires and Re-Hires need to provide a service record for Katy ISD. 

    For Texas Public School District experience, please contact your former district's​ Human Resources Department to provide you with directions on options for requesting a service record.

    As a re-hire, it is always good practice to notify the Service Record Department (servicerecords@katyisd.org) of your return to Katy ISD and if you were employed in education since leaving,you are required to provide any service records to support any additional step/salary.

    The following forms are used for private schools, out of state, and college/university (public or private) experience. We require a separate form for each institution and a separate line fo​r each year of employment to be completed by a school official.

    For experience outside ​the school system for the positions listed below, please use the appropriate form.  A verification letter on institution/company letterhead must accompany ​each form.