New Hire Information
Following the required background check, all new hires will receive an email with required action items which include:
- New Hire Checklist (from TalentEd) – These will be sent to the email provided on your application. The login details will be included in the email. Please lot into your TalentEd account to review and complete the required forms. These must be completed prior to attending a verification of employment meeting.
- New Hire Meeting – The email will include a link to sign up for a New Hire Meeting which takes place over the summer. You will only need to sign up for ONE (1) meeting. This meeting must be completed prior to your start date.
- What to bring to the meeting:
- I-9 Identifications which may include: Driver’s License and a Social Security Card, or US Passport. Other acceptable documents can be found in the attachment with the email you received
- Pre-Employment Affidavit form which is to be signed and notarized
- Any other document (transcripts, service records, etc.)
- Failure to provide all documents will result in you having to come back at a later date/time which will delay your hiring process
- Following the I-9 process, you will listen to several departments from Katy ISD such as Human Resources, Benefits, Technology, and Professional Learning
- The meeting is scheduled from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (you may arrive by 8:15)
- The meeting will take place at the Professional Development Annex Building, across from the Merrell Center
- Service Records - If you are submitting service records, visit Service Record Information. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
- Transcripts - Electronic transcripts must go directly from the college/university to email@example.com. Electronic transcripts can not be forwarded to Human Resources. Transcripts can be mailed to 438 FM 1463 Katy, TX 77494. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
- Professional staff can review the summer staff development opportunities by clicking the link here: Professional Learning
- Click the Instructional Calendars link to view the 2023-24 school calendar.
- Student Transfers - Full-time employees are eligible to request an employee-based student transfer into Katy ISD from another school district. Click the link for more information: Student Transfer Information and Application
- Mandatory training - The Professional Learning Department or your direct supervisor will provide you with details regarding the training after you have completed the New Hire Meeting.
- Questions? - Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for a variety of topics.
Compensation, Payroll & Risk Management
- Risk Management (Benefits)
- Teacher Incentive Allotment
- Voluntary Retirement Plans
- TRS Retirees
- Any TRS Retiree seeking full or part-time employment with Katy ISD must validate they have not been employed by a TRS-covered employer for 12 consecutive, calendar months. TRS-retirees that desire to work as a substitute are NOT subject to the 12-month guidelines.
Health Services Information
- Please return the form to the Katy ISD Risk Management Department located in the Education Support Complex. The form may be sent via interoffice mail.