About Katy ISD
Katy Independent School District, the leader in educational excellence, together with family and community, provides unparalleled learning experiences designed to prepare and inspire each student to live an honorable, fulfilling life ... to create the future.
Be the legacy.
- We believe that all learners are unique and thrive through personalized learning experiences.
- We believe that when ideas and individuals are respected, a culture of mutual respect is built that benefits all stakeholders.
- We believe that collaboration which honors all voices, creates ownership that drives personal accountability.
- We believe that being open‐minded fosters continual improvement.
- We believe that meaningful relationships are vital to learner success.
- We believe that effective assessment is a continual process of giving and receiving meaningful feedback that advances learning and supports a system of accountability.
- We believe that our success is not determined by a single, standardized assessment.
Our Call to Action
Katy ISD learners, through active engagement, achieve individual success while making positive contributions in an ever‐changing world.
Our Learner Outcomes
- All learners will develop and achieve personalized goals.
- All students will engage in meaningful learning every day.
- All learners will demonstrate leadership, integrity, respect, and character.
- All learners will contribute to their community.
- All students will graduate from high school prepared for life, career and post‐secondary opportunities.
Our Learner Profile
The learner ...
Problem solves using:
- Critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Communicates through:
Understanding the audience
- Active listening
- Nonverbal interaction
- Digital integration
- Oral presentation
- Adapts through:
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Coping skills
- Contributes through:
- Active listening
- Passionate engagement
All learning environments will foster engagement by integrating personalized learning experiences.
Katy ISD will develop systems where customized resources will ensure equity in response to the needs of a growing district with rapidly changing demographics.
Katy ISD will develop meaningful, effective assessments that inspire and inform students and educators about continuous improvement.
Katy ISD will create and sustain a best‐in‐class infrastructure to securely accommodate the current and next generation of digital content and tools for all stakeholders.
Katy ISD will attract and support high quality staff members to optimize their impact on student learning and create a culture of staff retention.
Katy ISD will address flaws in the state finance and student assessment systems in order to regain local control.
Katy ISD will develop intentional strategic partnerships which capitalize on the strengths, resources and talents of all stakeholders in order to engage the entire community.
Katy ISD will actively support the emotional well‐being of all learners.
- Student learning will improve.
- Professional learning will improve
- We will work in high-performing collaborative teams.
- We will provide quality internal and external customer service.
- We will provide a safe and secure learning environment for our students and staff.
The Business of Katy ISD
Katy ISD is a flourishing suburban school district that encompasses 181 square miles in southeast Texas. Its eastern boundaries stretch to Houston's energy corridor approximately 16 miles west of downtown Houston and extend along Interstate 10 to a few miles west of the city of Katy.
This information is available on the Public Dashboard
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Katy Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its educational programs and/or activities, including career and technology programs, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
6301 South Stadium Lane
Katy, TX 77494