Process for Approval to Observe in Katy ISD
- Review the Katy ISD Observation Procedures and Guidelines.
- Complete: Katy ISD Observation Request Form.
- Complete the General Information Sheet and Consent for Background Check and email the forms to Erica Nugent (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fall Observations begin after the 2nd week in September and end the last week of November.
- Fall Observation Applications / Requests will not be considered after the second week of November.
- Spring Observations begin after the 3rd week in January and end the last week of March.
- Spring Observation Applications / Requests will not be considered after the second week of March.
- KISD will not approve more than 10 hours per semester.
- Please adhere to KISD safety protocols when visiting campus.
- If a campus is placed in Mitigation Level 1-3, all scheduled observations are immediately canceled and will need to be rescheduled.
- It will typically take a minimum of 10 days to process your request to complete observation hours.
- All cell phone use for any purpose during observations is prohibited.
- Professional dress is required for all observers. Admittance to campus may be denied if attire is deemed inappropriate by an administrator.
- Provide the campus with your driver’s license to run through the RAPTOR system.
- You must bring a copy of your HR approved Observation Request to the campus.
- Remember that all information concerning students is confidential.
- You can only observe on the campuses provided for you by the Human Resource contact person. You do not have to make requests from other campuses.
- You may not observe in your child’s classroom.
- Respect the campus for making the decisions about which classrooms and teachers you will be assigned to observe.
- The campus administrator has the authority to deny or discontinue requests for observation hours.
- Approved observation time frames are by semester and do not extend into another semester.
- Be respectful of the campus’ ultimate purpose, educating the students that attend the campus and serving the needs of those families. Assisting with observations is not a focus to their main goal. Please be courteous to the campus and assisting you.
- Be mindful that it is in your best interest to observe in multiple districts to provide you with a better spectrum of experiences.