The Accounting Department maintains the accounting and financial records of the District. Transactions are recorded and reported as prescribed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability System Resource Guide. The Department also assists in implementing the system of internal accounting controls established by the Board of Trustees to provide reasonable assurance that assets are safeguarded and activities are recorded and transacted with the administration's authorization.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO): Award of Excellence in Financial Management inaugural recipient since 2021
- Association of School Business Officials (ASBO): Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting each year since 1983
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA): Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting each year since 1983
- Schools FIRST (Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas); highest possible rating of "Superior Achievement" each year since 2002
- Texas Comptroller of Public Account's Gold Leadership Award that spotlights local government financial transparency
- AA credit rating by Standard & Poor's, and Aa1 by Moody's