Raptor Volunteer Initiative
Katy ISD is excited to announce the implementation of the District’s Raptor Volunteer Initiative for the upcoming school year. Beginning October 1, the district will require all volunteers serving on campus during the instructional day to register with the district through its Raptor security system.
Raptor ensures quick and easy volunteer registration, allowing individual volunteers to create and manage a personal volunteer profile. In addition, the Raptor Volunteer Initiative will:
- Provide an additional layer of protection for Katy ISD students, staff, volunteers, and campus visitors
- Unite all district volunteers into one Katy ISD volunteer community
- Measure and communicate the positive impact of Katy ISD volunteer organizations
Once registered and approved, individual volunteers can
- Submit and track hours via their volunteer profile for every Katy ISD campus at which they volunteer
- The system also provides quick and easy submission of individual off-campus volunteer hours.
The volunteer registration requirement will extend to all volunteers serving on or off-campus, during or after the instructional day effective January 4.
Join our volunteer community and register today!