Inspire all students to develop their potential to become life-long learners who are college and career ready citizens who respect themselves and others.
The mission of the Katy ISD Guidance and Counseling Department is to provide equitable access to a comprehensive program in order to maximize the academic, personal/social, and career development of all students in an environment that is safe, nurturing, inclusive, and respectful. Through advocacy, leadership, collaboration, and systemic change, Katy ISD Professional School Counselors will partner with key stakeholders to champion student success.
- All students have the ability to reach their greatest academic, personal/social, and career potential when given individualized support as they prepare for college and career readiness.
- The developmental needs of all students are addressed by implementing guidance lessons, small groups, and individual counseling while analyzing student progress data and acquiring feedback from staff, parents/guardians, and students.
- Professional School Counselors and support staff advocate for students by facilitating communication amongst all stakeholders to provide equal access for self-direction and personal growth.
- Student achievement is maximized by the participation and support of all school and community stakeholders in the planning, managing, delivery, and evaluation of a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Data is used to identify student needs, develop goals, plan a comprehensive program, and track program effectiveness that aligns with the campus improvement plan.
- Professional School Counselors acknowledge and apply high scholastic and ethical standards that enable decision-making based on principles that optimize student development.