Resolving Special Education Issues with Your Child’s School

  • If your child is having difficulty in school or you think a change to your child’s Individualized Educational Program (IEP) is needed, communicating with the appropriate school or district personnel is often the quickest, simplest way to resolve or address an issue.

    The first step in resolving a concern related to your student's special education programming is to contact the campus to discuss your concern and/or ask to schedule an ARD committee meeting to discuss your concerns. 

    If your concerns continue to persist following campus discussions, feel free to contact the Katy ISD Department of Special Education for assistance at 281-396-2630. 

    Information below outlines next steps in the dispute resolution process. 

    ​Resolving Special Education Issues with Your Child's School​

    Resolving Special Education Issues with Your Child’s School - Spanish

    Who Do You Contact for Assistance in Your Region?

    The list provides the contact information for the Texas Parent Training & Information (PTI) center staff  assisting parents and professionals in each region, as well as the Parent Engagement contact for the ESC.  In Texas, Partners Resource Network, a non-profit agency, operates the statewide network of PTIs.  PTIs are funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs.

    For assistance finding your ESC region, please call SPEDTex, 1.855.773.3839, or visit the Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex).

    Please click on the images below for direct links.