Special Needs Transportation
- Your child should be fully dressed, toileted and ready at the bus stop (5) minutes before pick-up time.
- Accompany your child to the curb.
- Notify your Transportation Center, on a daily basis, when your child does not need transportation.
- Notify the school IN ADVANCE if your address, phone number or child care arrangements change.
- If the driver has to wait at your stop longer than two (2) minutes for you or your child, they are instructed to proceed.
- At DROP OFF time, you or a responsible party should meet your child at the curb so that the driver can make custodial transfer of your child.
- Students who are not met at the PM bus stop will be returned to the school or turned over to Katy ISD Police.
- We expect ALL students to follow the School Bus Safety Rules for the safety of your child and others who ride the bus.
- Bus behavior problems are reported to the school by the Bus Driver or Attendant.
- The Principal’s office decides what the disciplinary action will be, such as: detention, suspension from school, suspension of bus riding privileges, and parent conferences to enforce safe behavior on the bus.
Bus Driver Responsibilities
- School Bus Drivers are professional drivers with special training and a commercial driver’s license.
- They are employees of the Katy Independent School District.
- They are responsible for driving the bus safely, transporting the students, and staying on time.
- If there is not a Bus Attendant, the Bus Driver performs the Bus Attendant’s duties.
Bus Attendant Responsibilities
- School Bus Attendants assist the drivers to be sure that all of the students are safe on the bus.
- They secure seat belts, wheel chairs, and any other necessary supports, etc.
- Attendants maintain discipline; see that the students stay in their seats, and report problems to the schools.
- They seek emergency medical help when needed.
- Bus Attendants are provided where they are most needed.
- Bus Attendants cannot come to your door with your students as a general rule.
- Modification of the Attendant’s duties may be described in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Bus Attendants work with the students in and around the bus.