Did You Know?
Mission Statement: The Special Events & Reservations within the Katy Independent School District (Katy ISD) exists to serve the District, the Katy community, and the surrounding areas by: creating a service-oriented experience for patrons with diverse entertainment offerings at the Leonard E. Merrell Center; facilitating the use of Katy ISD facilities for community events, and partnering with local companies to cultivate a connection within the community, all to better serve the students of Katy ISD.
- Facility Reservations accounted for 13,507 non-KISD reservations in 2018-2019, resulting in approximately 82,500 events.
- Facility Reservations generated over 3.4 million in revenue for 2018-2019.
- The Leonard E. Merrell Center and L.D. Pavilion hosted 229 unique Katy ISD events and 53 separate private events.
- The Merrell Center has been chosen as the home for the Southland Conference for the past 12 years.
- The Marketing & Advertising Department generated over $680,000.00 in revenue during the 2018-2019 school year.
- The Marketing & Advertising Department hosted over 32 sponsor events and sponsor nights at the Academy Sports + Outdoors Student Activities Complex in 2018-2019.