The Katy ISD Virtual School's primary objective is to expand the learning opportunities for our students by offering choice and flexibility for challenging online courses developed by Katy ISD.
Online learning is an essential part of today's learning culture that can provide our students with the opportunity to acquire the required credit from anywhere and at any time. Online learning offers the unique experience of self-directed learning that will instill advanced learning skills as well as the Katy ISD Instructional Cornerstones in our students and better prepare them for life and college. In today's world, this model of learning is increasingly in high demand and is a cost-effective way to deliver instruction. It is a worthwhile investment in the future of our students and, eventually, can be self-sustained financially.
Why take courses through Katy Virtual School?
- Provide flexibility in scheduling in order to participate in multiple programs (i.e. Fine Arts, Athletics), earn required credits toward graduation, and explore additional academic interests
- Fulfill state required courses for graduation when moving to Katy ISD from outside the state of Texas
- Provide online learning environments that prepare students for college and career learning
- Ongoing access to resources that support personalized learning
- Opportunity to access courses that are not offered on a home campus due to low enrollment numbers
- Allow summer students to attend specialized programs, camps, and explore personal interests
- Courses are aligned to the Katy ISD curriculum and are taught by Katy ISD teachers.
- KVS is an approved College Board online provider of Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- KVS is an approved NCAA non-traditional provider, and courses count towards initial eligibility.