Katy ISD Library Services Mission Statement
The mission of the Katy Independent School District library media centers is to educate all students to successfully access and utilize the information of the twenty-first century, empowering them to be proficient life-long learners.
. . . . . . . .
To execute this mission, library media specialists, administrators, teachers, parents, and the community must collaborate to:
- provide access through resource sharing to current and relevant materials which results in a student-centered library media center that fosters academic achievement,
- ensure that all patrons can proficiently locate, access, integrate, evaluate and communicate information and ideas, and
- maintain a learning environment that stimulates and enriches an appreciation of literature, intellectual freedom, social responsibility and life-long learning.
- Max 3 books for 3 weeks. A book can be renewed as long as it is not on hold for another student.
- Damaged or lost books will be charged.
Printing per page:
- 10¢ for black and white/ per side
- 50¢ for color/ per side
- Must have and wear current Morton Ranch High School ID
- Study halls - must get an eHallPass Appointment before class
- Focus– see librarian for details
- Lunch - Students are welcome in the library during lunch
- Food and beverages must be consumed before entering the library.
- No pass needed before or after school
MRHS Library at Home
The MRHS library catalog and databases are accessible from any computer, tablet or phone that is connected to the internet by going to: GoFollett (www.gofollett.com) or Katy ISD Library, Choose Morton Ranch High School. If you want to put a book on hold, you will need to login (top right) - Student ID and Password.
- Choose Location: Texas
- Enter Name of School : Morton Ranch High School, Katy, TX
- Log in with your Katy ISD username and password. You can get your password from any of your classroom teachers.
District At a Glance
Ms. Genest, Librarian
Phone: (281) 237-7800
Tiara Emery, Library Aide
- 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday -Thursday
- 7:00 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. Friday
- Closed after school on early release days and on the day before a holiday begins.