Online Absence Reporting Form
Important Attendance Information
- All students must sign in/sign out with the attendance office when arriving after 7:40 am and/or leaving before 2:35 pm. The only exceptions are the scheduled late arrivals and early dismissals.
- If your student will be absent for the entire school day, please fill out the online form on the Morton Ranch High School Website under the Families Section. If your student is out for many days, please email their grade-level attendance clerk.
- If a student leaves campus without permission, it will be an unexcused absence (No Exceptions).
- Doctor’s notes must be received at the attendance office within five (5) days of the visit.
- If you notice an error in your student’s attendance, please contact the teacher first. Once the attendance has been verified, the teacher will notify the attendance office for corrections.
- Parents can access their student’s attendance history at the Home Access Center to verify attendance corrections.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for corrections to be submitted.
- A picture ID must be presented when signing a student out of school. All 9th grade students must be picked up at the 9th grade center.
- Please allow at least 10 minutes for us to pull your student from class. Pickup cut off time is 2:20pm.
- Only a legal guardian listed on the student’s information can sign out the student (see student handbook). Emergency Contacts may only pick up a student during an emergency cleared by the nurse or administration.
- For non-emergency pickups, by emergency contacts, the attendance clerk must have written documentation from the guardian. The guardian must email the attendance clerk with the specific date/time, and name of the person picking up the student and provide a copy of their identification.
Students Who Drive to School and Need to Sign Out
- A note to the attendance office must be received or an email to allow the student to sign-out and drive off campus. The email and note must include the student's name, time of dismissal, and that the student is driving off campus. We will follow up with a phone call to confirm the information about student dismissal.
- Students must have parent/guardian permission before being allowed to leave campus even if the student is 18 years of age.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN Letters)
- A CAN letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
- A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four-week period.
- A student has ten (10) or more unexcused absences in a six-month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter from the district, you are allowed five (5) school days to resolve it with the attendance clerk. Unresolved CAN letters may result in a Court Warning Notification and/or subpoena.
Failure to Attend School Notifications
- A Failure to Attend School Notification letter will be mailed when your student has excessive absences because of personal illness for one or more of the following: full or partial days.
- A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
- A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six-month period.
- If you receive this letter, all future absences because of personal illness will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused.
Melinda Garsee, Attendance Clerk
- 12th Grade
Nadia vargas, Attendance Clerk
- 11th Grade
Tiffany Warren, Attendance Clerk
- 10th Grade
Milagros Olivri, Attendance Clerk
- 9th Grade
Miller Attendance, MCTCattendance@katyisd.org