PSAT/NMSQT is NOW Digital! Katy ISD Administration Dates:
- 10th grade: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- 11th grade: Thursday, October 12, 2023
The PSAT/NMSQT is a standardized test admSaveinistered by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. It measures the reading, math, and writing skills needed for college and career success in today's world. The PSAT/NMSQT provides valuable information to parents and students on student potential for advanced academics in high school. Juniors who score well may qualify for National Merit Recognition and Scholarships.
- Beginning in the fall of 2023, the PSAT/NMSQT will be making a full transition from a paper/pencil exam to a digital exam. The PSAT/NMSQT digital test is easier to take, shorter, has more time per question, and comes with a built-in DESMOS graphing calculator.
- Sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT/NMSQT at their home campus free of charge.
- Students can prepare for this exam by reviewing the information at Preparing for the PSAT/NMSQT and reviewing the PSAT/NMSQTStudent Guide.
- The College Bohttps://satsuite.collegeboard.org/media/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdfard has partnered with Khan Academy to provide free online SAT practice.
Home-schooled student information to register for the PSAT/NMSQT Assessment
- A home-schooled student who is enrolled in 9th-11th grade, may make arrangements to take the assessment at his/her zoned school.
- Parents will need to contact the Testing Facilitator, at the zoned high school campus, for registration requirements and possible costs.
- The deadline to register with the Testing Facilitator at the zoned school, is Wednesday, August 30,2023, by 12:00 PM.
- Proof of residency is required at the time of registration.See residency requirements for full details.
- Follow this link for the Homeschool Registration form:https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=4oq7MOZb2Ea0iUk_U8HEZUmeIF5fIPVHl6z9lCnpYPxUMUFKUzVXMFNLWFJPTjFCRU5VNkFRUkU1OC4uFor additional PSAT/NMSQT information, please read the attached parent information letter.