MyKaty Cloud is a web portal that provides Katy ISD staff and students with a single sign-on location to access district applications and educational resources.
MyKaty is available anywhere the user has internet access. It is compatible with major operating systems such as Windows, iOS, and Android, allowing you to access the cloud from your available devices. After the user logs in to MyKaty, many applications will be available without logging in again. For example, after logging in to MyKaty, if a student or teacher selects Discovery Education, they will automatically be logged in.
MyKaty Cloud information
- MyKaty Cloud Access
- MyKaty Cloud Student Overview
- MyKaty Cloud: Secondary Student Applications
- Textbooks-All levels
Forgot your Katy ISD password?
- Students can contact their teacher who can look up their password.
- Staff can contact the Technology Support Center for password assistance.
- Staff and High School students should register at Password Self-Service. This tool will allow them to later retrieve or change a forgotten password. This is especially useful when away from the District network.
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to provide instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources for students in a safe online environment. All Canvas courses are developed by Katy ISD Curriculum and are aligned to include the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
We are in the early stages of using Canvas, so please be patient. The extent of use in each class will be different. As the school year progresses, we hope you and your child will find Canvas a helpful tool.
How can students access Canvas?
To access Canvas on a SMARTPHONE, TABLET, or COMPUTER, students can visit: katyisd.instructure.com or access via MyKaty Cloud.
To what extent will we use Canvas in class?
Through Canvas, students will have access to current course calendars, major assignments, events and class resources.
What can parents see in Canvas?
Some of the features that are available to parents. Please note that not all courses/teachers use all features.
- Set your notifications
- View the dashboard
- View the course syllabus
- View prompts but not participate in discussions
- View but not submit assignments
- Preview and download some files
- View the modules page
- View the calendar
- Communicate with the teacher
How will Parents access Canvas?
- The link to Canvas login is located at http://katyisd.instructure.com.
- Your username and password are the same as your Home Access Center (HAC) account.
- If you are experiencing trouble with your HAC login or password, please contact your home campus attendance clerk.
- Parents should not use their student's login credentials.
- There is an app on Google Play and the App Store for tablets and smartphones.
Katy ISD Technology Department has created a variety of resources for parents and students on Canvas and other technology-related topics. Feel free to visit Instructional Technology for up-to-date information.
Thank you for your continued support and patience.