About Katy Junior High
Katy Junior High became Katy ISD’s first junior high school in 1965. For 30 years, it occupied the building west of Katy High School, but in 1995, we moved into a beautiful new building. Throughout the years, KJH has carried on the traditions and excellence in education of Katy ISD — a cooperative partnership of school, parents, and community.
Many families are attracted to KJH because of its diverse population. Located in the city of Katy, the school represents the face of America, with students from the small city, area farms, and new subdivisions.
Niche has ranked Katy Junior High as one of the best junior highs in the Houston area in 2018. KJH also received a B+ and a ranking of 102 out of over 13,000 schools in the Greater-Houston area from Children At Risk for 2015! Thanks to the entire KJH community for contributing to our success! A high percentage of students participate in award-winning programs such as band, orchestra, choir, theatre arts, athletics, Destination ImagiNation, and Academic Pentathlon. The Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, and cheerleaders volunteer countless hours to the school and community.
Do your best, always do the right thing, and treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Repainting of the building letters-Katy Junior High (2020)
- New walk-ways throughout all portable buildings (2020)
- Complete Technology Retrofit (2020)
- Sidewalk and awning replacements. (2019)
- New metal arch roofing (2019)
- Complete security perimeter fencing and enhanced security in the front office and vestibule (2018)
- LGI (large group instruction) added to the library (2017)
- Complete renovation of front office (2017)
- Complete renovation of Family and Consumer Science area (2017)
- Complete renovation of Principals of Manufacturing and Principals of Applied Engineering (2017)
- Science lab tables/chairs (2016)
- Cafeteria tables (2016)
- Security cameras (2016)
- Fire alarm system (2016)
- Motion sensor lighting system in both gyms (2016)
- Carpet (2015)
- Technology retrofit (2015)
- HVAC chiller replacement (2015)
- Stage renovation (2015)
- Updated walkway cover (2013)
- Updated marquee (PTA-2013)