• Private School Recommendations/Records Request:

    Students that are requesting records and recommendations for private school enrollments will complete this documentation through the SLJH Counseling office. All documentation for Private School Recommendations, including Teacher/Counselor/Principal Recommendations, should be brought to Tonya Brickey, Registrar. If the recommendations/requests are to be mailed to the private school, please provide a sufficiently stamped envelope. Please allow 10 business days for completion.


    Withdrawing Students 

    Students withdrawing from Seven Lakes Junior High should give the registrar as much advance notice as possible, at least one week advanced notice. For moving out of the country, please allow two weeks for a complete set of hand carry records. This notice will ensure that we are able to complete the withdrawal process as needed to collect withdrawal grades, textbook & library checks, and required signatures.  Please complete the Katy ISD Leaver Document and return to the Registrar as notice of your withdrawal. Please have a photo ID upon your student's withdrawal, as a copy of your ID and your signature will also be needed on the Withdrawal Form on your child's last day of school. 

    ​​​Enrollment:  Katy ISD registration

    Please complete the KATY ISD PowerSchool Registration at the link above. Please have the following documents ready to upload before submitting them.

    Note that the following documents are REQUIRED for registration:

    • Proof of residence (PLEASE SEE Proof of Residency below)
    • Official birth certificate or U.S. Passport
    • Proof of immunizations (PLEASE SEE Immunizations below)
    • Withdrawal Form and report card from the school I most recently attended.
    • Parent ID

    International students: Please bring documents translated into English

    Proof of Residency:

    At the time of registration, parents should bring proof of residence (a recent utility bill gas, water or electric, phone or cable bill) parent/guardian's name and street address, or a house or apartment lease agreement. If you are in the process of building a home and will not be in the home by the first day of school, please review the following information:

    Families who will not be in their new homes by the first day of school must submit an "Application For Early Enrollment" online at Click on "Parents", Click on "Student Transfers". You can find the Application for Early Enrollment under the tab "Transfer Request" on the right side of the page.

    In addition to the enrollment packet and information listed above, you will also need to bring to registration:

    • $35 cash only fee
    • Purchase Contract with proof of earnest money
    • Loan Approval. 

    The contract needs to include a completion date. If approved, families moving from outside of Katy ISD will have 60 days after enrollment to provide a utility bill for that address. Families already living within Katy ISD will have 5 months after enrollment to provide a utility bill. Katy ISD may take up to 10 days to process the Student Transfer Request. 


    Proof of immunization must also be provided during registration. Student immunizations must be as up-to-date as medically feasible and must be certified by a doctor or public health official. A student will not be allowed to attend class if immunization records are not presented at enrollment. A full list of required immunizations, including information about provisional enrollment, is available at the Katy ISD Health Services Department​

    For more information, contact the Katy ISD Health Services department at 281-396-2629.

    Katy ISD follows the Texas Department of State Health Services recommendation for immunization compliance in order for a student to attend school. The law requires that all students be up-to-date as medically feasible in order to attend classes. The immunization vaccine requirements for each grade level are listed on the Katy ISD website. Exemptions to the immunization requirements are allowable on an individual basis for medical contraindications, reasons of conscience-including religious belief, and active duty with the armed forces of the United States. For further information visit Texas Department of State Health Services.

Contact Us

  • Tonya Brickey, Registrar
    Phone: (281) 234-2133
    Fax: (281) 644-1888