Welcome to the BDJH Attendance Webpage!
Attendance Clerk: Jennifer Matthias
- To Report an Absence - Please notify the Attendance Office for absences via the online absence form for each day absent, preferably before 10 AM. Click on Report an Absence on the right side margin.
- Absences/tardies - All tardies/absences are unexcused unless accompanied by: 1) a doctor's note for a healthcare appointment; 2) a parent note or completed online absence form explaining your student's tardy/absence (reason must be in accordance with District Policy for excused reasons).
- Notes are due the day the student returns to school.
Early Dismissals - You MUST present a picture ID when checking out your student.
Please allow 10 minutes for us to pull your student from class. To avoid a longer wait, send a note with your student the morning of the same-day parent pickup. Your student will need to bring the note to the Attendance Office before first period where he/she will receive a pass to come to the front office at the time you specify. Students will not be checked-out after 3:40PM.
The only one allowed to pick up a student is the Parent/Guardian on file. If you need to send someone else to sign out your student, the Attendance Office MUST receive written permission for the early dismissal (This person must be listed as an emergency contact.) . Please provide your full legal name (or a copy of your driver’s license), the student's legal name, the legal name of the person picking up the student and their relationship to the student, the reason for leaving, and the specific date and time the student is being picked up. This note must be emailed from the email that we have on file from the parent. We cannot accept a written note. Please have it emailed before first period the morning of the early dismissal. You may be contacted by phone or email if not all of the above is provided.
- If you notice an error on your student's attendance, please email your student's name, date and class period in question to the teacher and the attendance clerk. The teacher must notify the Attendance Office with the correction BEFORE any corrections can be made. For healthcare appointments and teacher corrections, please allow 24-48 hours to update the system. Parents can access their student's attendance history on the Home Access Center to verify corrections.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN Letters)
- A CAN Letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
- A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four-week period.
- A student has ten (10) or more unexcused absences in a six-month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter from the district, you have only five (5) school days to resolve it with the school Attendance Clerk. Unresolved CAN letters may result In a Court Warning Notification and/or subpoena.
Failure to Attend School Notifications
- A Failure to Attend School letter will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
- A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days,
- A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six-month period.
- All future absences will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused.
- Send a doctor's note when possible to avoid having too many personal illness absences. Also, if your student has scheduled appointments, try not to make the appointment during the same class period each time.
Attendance for Credit
- All absences, excused and unexcused, are counted for the purpose of determining attendance for credit. For each course/class in which a student falls below the 90 percent threshold, a review of the record will be conducted and the student may be required to complete a plan developed by the principal or designee in order to gain credit or be promoted.
For more details concerning attendance laws and violation consequences, please refer to the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct booklet from the district, or click on Discipline Management Plan on the right side margin.