Safety Patrol Information
Safety Patrol members are school-sponsored student volunteers from 5th grade. Patrollers aid in the arrival and dismissal of students in the car-line, hallways and breakfast. As school-age leaders, patrol members teach other students about safety on a peer-to-peer basis. They also serve as models for younger children, who look up to them.
School Safety Patrol members:
- Complete training with prior safety patrol members and adults.
- Protect students from hazards on their way to and from school.
- Teach fellow students about safety.
- Serve in other leadership roles under the direction of school officials.
- Must maintain good grades and have no office referrals.
Safety Patrol Sponsors appoint patrol members, who participate with parental approval. Safety Patrol members serve for a 9 week period for arrival and dismissal. Transportation to and from school needs to be arranged for each day of duty. A permission slip must be filled out to participate.
Morning Duty: 7:45- 8:10
1. All safety patrol members must arrive by 7:45 and enter through the front doors.
Afternoon Duty - 3:10-3:40
1. All safety patrol members must have their own transportation home.