Important Health Information
As you may know, Covid cases are increasing in our community. We would like to provide the families of RAE with some important information regarding staying healthy during this season as well as for other communicable diseases that may arise.
To prevent the spread of illnesses, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. To decide whether to send your child to school, please consider the following guidelines:
Keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- Fever‐greater than 100°F and your child should stay home until at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever. This should be determined without the use of fever‐reducing medicines (any medicine that contains ibuprofen or acetaminophen).
- Vomiting (even once)
- General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness, or muscle aches
- Frequent cough
- Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
- Symptoms of pink eye as some strains of Covid have caused conjunctivitis
To help prevent illnesses, teach your children good hygiene habits:
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing. Use a paper tissue, throw it away and then wash hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
For additional information please contact your healthcare provider or campus nurse.
RAE Administration and Nurse Amanda