REPORTING AN ABSENCE
- Parents need to report their child absent daily on-line on SSE's homepage under the link "Report an Absence" on the day of the absence only.
- It is recommended that you complete the online form daily to report your child absent to prevent a Compulsory Attendance Notification letter from being generated for your child by the Katy ISD police department.
- Students are counted absent if they are not in attendance at school by 9:35 am.
- All absences are considered UNEXCUSED until the proper notification and/or documents are turned in to the attendance office. A written note from the Parent/Guardian/Doctor must be submitted on the day the child returns from an absence.
- For Doctor’s notes, the specific date(s) requiring the student to be absent from school must be indicated on the note in order for it to be excused.
- Please do NOT contact the teacher regarding your child's absence. It is your responsibility to contact the attendance office.
Please visit the Truancy Department
- Students are considered tardy if they are not in class when the tardy bell rings promptly at 8:10 a.m. Students must be in class, ready to learn at this time. Any students not in their classroom at 8:10 will be marked tardy.
- Students must obtain an admittance slip from the front office.
- All tardies are unexcused unless a written notice for an excused reason from a parent or doctor is submitted at the time of entry.
- Students who accumulate 5 unexcused tardies are not eligible for perfect attendance.
- Bad weather and traffic are NOT excused. Please plan accordingly on bad weather days for possible delays.
- If your student arrives at school at 8:10 am or later, you will need to park and escort your child into the front office to sign him/her in.