About Memorial Parkway Elementary
School Mascot: Panthers - "Parkway Panther"
School Colors: Black and Gold
MPE fosters an environment where individual differences are accepted and valued. The school houses various district-wide special programs including PPCD, Bilingual Education, Two-way Immersion Program and the Auditory Impaired Program. Televised announcements are signed for the students each morning. Due to the nature of the various special language programs at MPE we often have been referred to as the first Trilingual Campus in Katy ISD.
Memorial Parkway Elementary enjoys strong support from parents, community and local businesses. The PTA supports classroom teachers and students by providing their time and energy to preparing instructional materials, volunteering, and appreciating students and staff. They also provide funds for a variety of projects ranging from staff development and classroom enrichment materials to guest authors and illustrators. MPE encourages family participation through special events such as PTA meetings, Open House, S.T.E.A.M. Night, Health and Fitness Night, Math and Literacy Curriculum Night, Grandparents Week. and Book Fair. Community participation is also provided through PTA activities such as the Spring Carnival, Breakfast with Santa, Father Daughter Dance, Spirit Nights and Skate Nights. Students also participate in civic-minded activities such as food/clothing/sock/teddy bear drives for local charitable organizations.
An inherent, heartfelt belief that all children can succeed is the driving force behind Memorial Parkway's success.
KISD Mission Statement
Katy Independent School District, the leader in educational excellence, together with family and community, provides unparalleled learning experiences designed to prepare and inspire each student to live an honorable, fulfilling life -- to create the future.
MPE Vision Statement
MPE's vision is to create "life-ready" global citizens through comprehensive education and diverse experiences.
MPE Mission Statement
The mission of Memorial Parkway Elementary strives to empower successful, independent, lifelong learners supported by a safe, collaborative environment that respects and embraces diversity in a family-friendly community.
"The best school in the land!"
- ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education)
- Auditory Impaired Program (AI) for children ages 3 through fifth grade with hearing impairments
- Bilingual Education - classes for children Pre- K through fifth grade
- Two-Way Immersion Program - classes for children currently enrolled only in fifth grade English and Spanish speaking students in paired classes learn to become fully bilingual in both languages
- Special Education - In-class support model and/or pullout classes for qualified students
- Academic Support - Reading Academic Support classes and/or Title I Math Intervention classes
- ELL (English Language Learners) support
- GT (Gifted and Talented) - pullout class for qualified students
- Dyslexia Intervention - pullout class for qualified students
- Music - K - 5
- Art - K - 5
- P.E. - K - 5
Classes by Grade Level
PreK Bilingual - 3
Kindergarten - 7
First Grade - 8
Second Grade - 6
Third Grade - 9
Fourth Grade - 7
Fifth Grade - 7