Vicente (Ben) Villanueva
The Networking department provides planning, design, maintenance, installation and security management for all Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Networks (LANs), and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) associated with the district's 68 locations. Katy ISD has an integrated voice and data network that is standardized on Cisco VoIP Solution and Cisco Routing and Switching, providing network and phone services to over 8,000 employees and more than 67,000 students.
KISD's wireless currently consists of 2,675 Wireless Access Points administered by 15 Wireless LAN Controllers, which provides private and guest networks to over 75,000 students, faculty and guests with approximately 32,000 concurrent wireless clients.
Physical security is designed to monitor and protect KISD campuses and support facilities from unauthorized access using CCTV surveillance cameras and door access control.
- Wireless Network
- Wired Network
- Internet Bandwidth and Access
- Network Availability and Reliability
- Network Design and Configuration
- Network Security
- Intrusion Detection and Protection
- Telephone Services including Voicemail
- Telephone Products and Purchasing Support
- Cellular Phone Products and Purchasing Support
- Maintenance of Phone and Network Cable Infrastructure
- Video Security Systems
- Physical Access Control Systems
- E-Rate Management