Registration & Courses
Most KVS courses are $200 per semester.
To register for a course through KVS:
1. Registration for Summer 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 opens February 1, 2022 at 7AM. Log into the parent's Home Access Center and click on the Registration Tab. The application will be under Update Enrollment. Or you can click on the link below.
Katy Virtual School Application
2. Watch this video for PowerSchool Registration assistance.
3. Applications may take several weeks to process.
4. Applications must be approved by the student's counselor, as well as Katy Virtual School.
5. Course requests will be processed in the order they are received. Completion of application does not guarantee enrollment. *NOTE: if changes or additions need to be made to your application, contact the Katy Virtual School. Having multiple applications in the system will cause a delay to your enrollment.
6. Check your Katy ISD email. Students will be notified of enrollment status through their Katy ISD email. Parents will be notified through their submitted parent email.
7. After confirmation of your enrollment email, have your parent or guardian log in
A+ Pay 'n Go to pay the course fee. For directions on how to pay visit Course Fee Payments.
8. Prior to the course start date, students will receive a reminder email with log in and getting started information. All KVS courses are hosted in
Canvas. Students log in with their Katy ISD ID and password.
Consult the Katy Virtual School calendar for registration dates and course start dates. Final exam dates are determined by course.
Summer course end dates and exam dates.
|Summer Session 1 2022||February 1, 2022||May 30, 2022||June 3, 2022|
|Summer Session 2 2022||February 1, 2022||July 1, 2022||July 7, 2022|
February 1, 2022||
September 1, 2022||
September 3, 2022|
February 1, 2022||January 13, 2023||
January 20, 2023|
Students will be dropped for non-payment.
Who can register?
Courses in the Katy ISD Virtual School are available to students currently enrolled in Katy ISD. Once a student withdraws from the District, the student is also withdrawn from their virtual course. Transfer grades will be sent to the receiving district following the normal campus process.
KVS Courses Offered
Katy ISD Virtual School courses are listed in the Katy ISD Course Catalog.
Two Semester Courses
AP® Art History
AP® Computer Science A (new for fall/spring 22-23)
AP® English Language & Composition
AP® English Literature & Composition
AP® European History
AP® US History
Multivariable Calculus KAP (school-year only)
Precalculus KAP (summer only)
World Geography KAP
World History KAP
American Sign Language (new for fall/spring 22-23)
Chinese 1 - 4
Spanish 1 - 2 (new for fall/spring 22-23)
Algebra 2 (summer only)
Geometry (summer only)
Math Models with Applications
Precalculus (summer only)
Art 1 (new for fall/spring 22-23)
IPC (summer only)
One Semester Courses
AP® Human Geography
Foundations of Fitness
PE Individual and Team Sports
Personal Financial Literacy
AP® Physics C Test Prep is a non-credit test prep with online content and face to face lab sessions to prepare students for the AP Mechanics and the AP Electricity and Magnetism tests. The test prep is facilitated by a current Katy ISD AP Physics II teacher. For more information, contact your current AP Physics II teacher.
AP® Calculus C is a non-credit review for students who have completed AP® Calculus A/B and are entering AP® Calculus C. For more information, contact your AP Calculus teacher. There is no cost for this review as it is self guided.
Return to Katy ISD Virtual School