Welcome to Katy ISD Getting Started with Technology
ID/Username and Password
- Your campus will provide you with a verification code. You will go to http://www.katyisd.org and click on Password Self-Service at the top.
- Click Enter Verification Code and enter your ID# and code. Complete steps can be found on the Student Password Self-Service FAQs page.
- Once you have your ID and password, this will be used to log in to school computers and to sign in to nearly every application you will use as a student.
The best place to start is http://mykaty.katyisd.org . This is called MyKaty Cloud and once you are signed in, you will see tabs at the bottom that lead you to applications, the library, textbooks and many other resources to help you in school.
Home Access Center
The Home Access Center (HAC) is where students can check grades, attendance, schedules and more. Your parents can also have an account using the campus provided parent HAC ID and the password that they create themselves.
- Your teachers have online courses for you to see your assignments and upcoming lessons, and also submit homework and have discussions. You can also contact your teacher through your Canvas Inbox.
- Access Canvas through MyKaty Cloud or install the Canvas Student app.
- Once you sign into Canvas, you can learn more by going to this course: https://katyisd.instructure.com/courses/100918
Katy 1 Source
Students also have access to the Katy 1 Source which is a Knowledge Base that contains many helpful articles addressing Technology topics, Online Textbooks, apps approved for student use, etc. Katy 1 Source may be accessed in the following ways:
From MyKaty Cloud:
search for “Katy 1 Source” or "Knowledge Base" and click on the tile.
From Web Browser:
type the URL: help.kayisd.org into the address bar of any web browser, and sign in using Katy ISD ID@katyisd.org (ex. A1234567@katyisd.org), and District password.
Internet Access from Home
Katy ISD has compiled a list of internet resources for students, parents and staff. Visit the Low Cost Internet Options page for more information.
Public Wi-Fi on Campus
Katy ISD campuses offer a public, filtered Wi-Fi connection accessible by students, staff, and visitors to the campus. Public Wi-Fi enables students with any device to connect to a safe, secure learning environment so that Internet access can support classroom learning objectives. The Internet is filtered with the same tools as campus desktops and laptops allowing access to a vast array of digital content. Plus, you're simply plugged in, wherever you are on campus. From the library to the classroom, students are always connected to valuable learning resources.
For information regarding responsibility for devices and appropriate use, review the Katy ISD Public Wi-Fi Parent Guide.