The Operations Department has the task of keeping the schools and facilities of Katy ISD clean. We also provide custodial staffing for school and non-school events. Our Custodial training program is unique and is used as a model for many other Texas school districts. Our goal is to maintain a clean, safe environment for all students, staff and visitors.
Operations Department Responsibilities
- Daily cleaning of nearly 13,000,000 square feet of Katy ISD buildings
- Evening custodians clean an average of 27,000 square feet every night (10 average houses)
- Daytime custodians open buildings, clean after breakfast and lunch, respond to daily spills and incidents and have an area to maintain
- Custodians set up, staff and clean up as needed for school and non-school events (80,000 events in school year 2018-2019)
- During summer, custodians perform “deep cleaning” that can’t be done during school (high dusting, floor finish, carpet care) and furniture moves within a school.