Application & Job Listings
All applicants that are interested in applying for positions will need to submit an application through the TalentEd website.
It is important that the email for the application is unique to you and is not being used by another applicant or employee.
You must apply for each specific job listing. This also applies to Katy ISD employees that are interested in a job listing.
Application support is available directly through the TalentEd website and their support team.
- Click here for the Application Support website.
- Support phone number: 866.389.1245
- Please call only after first utilizing the support website
Katy ISD employees are required to complete an online application for posted job listings. Resumes and letters of interest will all be uploaded into the application. Automated reference forms will also be distributed through the application. Katy ISD employees need three references (including one from your current supervisor).
In order to view job listings that are just for Katy ISD employees, you will need to click the "Internal" link that is located at the top of the job listings page.
DK (Regulation) in Knowledge Base outlines the employee transfer eligibility.
If you have any other questions regarding the transfer process, please contact:
- Secondary and Department Professionals - Alice Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Professionals – Dora Almaguer – email@example.com
- Paraprofessional & Auxiliary Staff - Ana Reyes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharge set by the Texas Retirement System. Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
after September 1, 2005 and
- is working in a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
**Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
- as a substitute as defined by TRS
- less than half-time
before September 1, 2005
Rehired retirees who signed an employment contract with Katy ISD prior to July 1, 2016 are grandfathered.