A Healthy Future
Healthcare is the largest and fastest growing industry in the United States. In the Health Science Career Cluster you can prepare for a career that promotes health, wellness and diagnosis, and treats injuries and diseases.
Some careers involve working directly with people, while others involve research into diseases or collecting and formatting data and information. You could work in hospitals, medical or dental offices, laboratories, communities, medivac units, sports arenas or cruise ships.
This career cluster is organized into two career pathways:
- Clinical Rotations & EMT
- Dental Assisting & Pharmacy Technician
Katy ISD Health Science Career Cluster Offerings
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Clinical Rotations - Practicum in Health Science
- Dental Assisting - Practicum in Health Science
- EMT Basic - Practicum in Health Science
- Health Science Theory
- Medical Terminology
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy Tech - Practicum in Health Science
- Principles of Health Science
Please refer to the KISD Course Catalog for complete course details and availability.