National and Local Assessment
Due to privacy guidelines, the staff of the Department of Research, Assessment, and Accountability are not authorized to release student information or scores with the public, including parents or guardians. Please contact your student's campus for access to student records, including assessment results.
Preliminary SAT (PSAT)/ National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT)
The PSAT/NMSQT™ is a standardized test administered by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. It measures the reading, math, and writing skills needed for college and career success in today's world. The PSAT/NMSQT™ provides valuable information to parents and students on student potential for advanced academics in high school. Juniors who score well may qualify for National Merit Recognition and Scholarships.
- Katy ISD will offer the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®) to 10th and 11th graders on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- A home-schooled student, who is enrolled in 9th-11th grade, may make arrangements to take the assessment at his/her zoned high school.
- Parents will need to contact the Testing Facilitator, at the zoned high school campus, for registration requirements and possible costs.
- Deadline to register, with the Testing Facilitator at the zoned high school, is Friday, September 17, 2021 by 2:00 PM.
- Proof of residency is required at the time of the time of registration. See residency requirements for full details.
Students who are in grades 10 and 11 and are homeschooled can take the PSAT/NMSQT free of charge. Please contact your attendance zone campus by Friday, September 17, 2021 2:00 PM to register for the exam. All inquiries after this date will not be able to participate in the testing for this school year
For PSAT/NMSQT information, please read the following parent letter
PSAT Parent Letter
SAT School Day
The SAT focuses on knowledge and skills that research indicates are essential for career and college success.
Katy ISD will administer the school-day SAT (students will not take the Essay) to all 11th graders on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at no cost to enrolled students. Students will automatically be registered for this SAT administration by Katy ISD. Testing will take place at each home campus. Questions about SAT School Day can be directed to your child's Campus Testing Coordinator.
Senate Bill 1843 authorizes
that each school year, each school district is required to provide students in
grades 10 through 12 an opportunity to take the Armed Services Vocational
Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test and consult with a military recruiter. If you
are interested in your child participating in the ASVAB test, please contact
your child’s counselor or the campus testing facilitator for important details
and deadlines. The 2020-2021 dates are as follows:
|Campus||Testing Date||Start Time|
|MRHS||10/20/2021 and 4/20/2022||8:15 AM|
|RHS||10/27/2021 and 3/8/2022||9:15 AM|