WoodCreek Elementary Counselors' Corner
The Role of a School Counselor:
WCE counselors are available to support students' academic, social, and emotional growth through–
- individual and group counseling
- collaborating with teachers, staff, and parents
- implementing the Character Strong PurposeFull People character education program.
- This program teaches our students the importance of demonstrating positive character traits.
- providing classroom guidance lessons.
- The purpose of classroom guidance lessons is to teach students good citizenship and conflict resolution skills.
Qualifications of a School Counselor:
Master's degree and state certification in school counseling
WCE's Character Education Program: Character Strong - PurposeFull People
The goal of PurposeFull People is to teach elementary students the importance of strengthening one's own character in order to improve relationships, increase academic achievement, and overall improve the climate and culture of their schools.
- The PurposeFull People curriculum is comprised of 10 traits that focus on building character: respect, responsibility, cooperation, gratitude, creativity, empathy, kindness, perseverance, honesty, and courage.
- The PurposeFull People curriculum includes, but is not limited to the following social-emotional learning (SEL) competencies: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making.