SAT School Day 2021 – JUNIORS ONLY
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE AND TESTING INFORMATION ABOUT MARCH 3, 2021
March 3, 2021 - SAT School Day and TELPAS Testing Administration Information:
· Students in 11th grade attending face-to-face learning and KVA are scheduled to take the Official SAT on Wednesday, March 3rd at 7:15 am. There is no cost to students for the administration of the SAT School Day test.
· EL Students in 9th, 10th, and 12th grade attending face-to-face learning and KVA are scheduled to take the TELPAS Online Test on Wednesday, March 3rd at 7:15 am.
· To limit testing disruptions and to ensure safety measures are in place, all non-testing students in grades 9th, 10th and 12th will remain at home and attend via the "Intermittent School to Home" virtual learning plan. Information regarding the "Intermittent School to Home" plan is available here Intermittent Resource Guide.
· Students will be required to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, including the wearing of a facial covering when on campus.
· KVA and Face-to-Face students may ride district transportation to and from campus on Wednesday, March 3. Or, parents may elect to transport their child to and from the campus.
· KVA and Face-to-Face students are eligible for meals served on the scheduled SAT administration date.
· Testing rooms will contain no more than 20 students. KISD safety protocols will be followed in the testing rooms, restrooms, and hallways.
· Room assignments will be distributed via Junior eNews on Tuesday, March 2nd. You may also find room assignments posted by QR code throughout the building the day before testing.
· NOTE: Students enrolled in self-contained specialized programs will be permitted to attend class on campus.
IMPORTANT: For an informational PowerPoint for juniors including the SAT student guide and preparation tips, click here.
Seven Lakes High School Testing ScheduleWednesday: March 3, 2021
11th Graders (KVA and F2F) SAT Test Schedule
Students report to testing rooms 7:05-7:10 am
TESTING WINDOW: 7:15 am-12:30 pm
**Students arriving after 7:30 FOR SAT will be sent home or will participate in study hall in the main commons. Late start testers will not be allowed.**
9th, 10th, and 12th Grade TELPAS Test Schedule
Students report to testing room 7:05-7:15
TESTING WINDOW: 7:15 am-2:35 pm
*Lunch for TELPAS Testers will be from 11:00-11:30 am.
**Students arriving after 7:30 FOR TELPAS will be taken to their testing room to begin late testing**
Students will be released from testing rooms as they finish testing after 12:30 pm and may leave school to return home for intermittent learning if they have their own transportation and with parent permission. (walking, biking, driving, picked up by a parent, etc.).
Students who are riding the bus or need to wait for transportation until the end of the day may wait in the main commons in a study hall for the 2:35 release.
Looking up STAAR EOC Scores
All scores for past tests may be accessed in the Texas Assessment Data Portal. This will be the only way to access your child's scores for STAAR. Please attached directions for accessing scores through the Texas Assessment Data Portal.
TELPAS and ALT 2 scores may be accessed using the Assessment Portal above as well.
For students who are eligible to test but have not yet achieved "Approaches Grade Level," "Meets Grade Level," or "Masters Grade Level" on English I, English II, Algebra, Biology or US History STAAR EOC will be automatically enrolled in the next state testing opportunity. (Note: A student is considered "eligible to test" if they have taken an assessment and not yet passed, if they have completed the course and haven't yet tested, were absent for testing during the school year, or went home ill during testing and were unable to complete the test.)
**December End of Course Exam Scores will be available in the State Assessment Portal beginning on January 18, 2021.
The Spring 2020 STAAR tests were cancelled and students who PASSED the tested COURSE were given a Covid Waiver for the corresponding test. If you did not pass one or both halves last year's STAAR class (Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, or US History), you are now required to take the STAAR exam for that subject. You did not receive the Covid Waiver for the state exam.
All students must come to SLHS in order to take the STAAR test on the date(s) listed below. No testing will take place at home.
The State of Texas does not allow a student to Opt-Out of STAAR testing.
Retester notices will be sent to your student's permanent mailing address during the Spring 2021 semester.
Spring STAAR EOC Testing Schedule
|EOC Exam||Test Date|
|English I||Tuesday, April 6, 2021|
|English II||Thursday, April 8, 2021|
|Algebra I||Tuesday, May 4, 2021|
|US History||Wednesday, May 5, 2021|
|Biology||Thursday, May 6, 2021|
College Board Accommodations Request and ACT Deadlines – Click Here for Attached Schedule
DISTRICT and STATE ASSESSMENT CALENDARS
For more information about DLA's or other state and district testing, please refer to the Katy ISD Calendars.