IMPORTANT SLHS SPRING TESTING UPDATES!
Please read this information carefully and speak with your child about the classes they are in and which days they will be working from home. Please read STAAR EOC FAQs that pertain to testing this spring. There are several clarifications that you need to be aware of.
In order to limit testing disruptions and to ensure safety measures are in place, all non-testing students during STAAR EOC test administrations and the SAT School-Day administration will remain at home and attend via the "Intermittent School to Home" virtual learning plan.
Students will be required to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, including the wearing of a facial covering when on campus.
Testing rooms will contain no more than 20 students. KISD safety protocols will be followed in the testing rooms, restrooms, and hallways.
NOTE: Students enrolled in self-contained specialized programs will be permitted to attend class on campus.
SLHS SPRING TESTING DATES:
March 25, 30th and April 1st- TELPAS for 12th grade
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 – English I STAAR EOC and TELPAS for 10th grade
Thursday, April 8, 2021 – English II STAAR EOC and TELPAS for 9th grade
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 – SAT School Day (Juniors Only) and TSIA
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – Algebra I STAAR EOC
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 – US History STAAR EOC
Thursday, May 6, 2021 – Biology STAAR EOC
Federal and state laws require public school districts to administer state assessments. State assessments, such as STAAR and EOCs, involve confidential testing materials that must be administered in secure testing environments.
You may be aware that some media outlets recently reported that students in virtual learning programs are not required to report to their campus for state assessments. However, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) has informed school districts that they are required to take steps to encourage remote/virtual learners to participate in state assessments.
Katy ISD has developed a Spring Testing Schedule designed to enhance existing campus safety protocols. The schedule allows for additional spacing among students, and additional onsite staff support during STAAR and EOC testing through the utilization of the District's Intermittent School to Home (ISH) Virtual Instruction model. During testing timeframes, specific grade levels will transition to ISH on days outlined in the schedule to support increased social distancing practices. All Katy ISD students are encouraged to participate in state assessments this spring in the safest testing environment possible.
TEA requires public school districts to mark a student absent if they are not present to participate in a state assessment. However, should a parent choose to not send their in-person or virtual student to school to take a state assessment, there are no academic consequences and no expectation for students to engage in virtual instruction for being absent on an assessment day. However, for graduation requirements, students must meet standard on all five EOC subjects - English I, English II, Biology, Algebra I, and U.S. History to be eligible to graduate. Missing a STAAR EOC testing opportunity will potentially impact meeting the graduation testing requirement outlined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Further, students must attempt to test to be eligible to utilize substitute assessments and/or graduate by Individual Graduation Committee (IGC).
KVA Students- STAAR/EOC Testing Information
- KVA students may ride district transportation to and from their campus on their scheduled campus STAAR administration day(s). KVA parents may pick up their KVA students to transport home prior to the end of the school day. KVA students may opt to stay at the campus and ride the bus home after school hours; however, students will be placed in a large room setting after the assessment.
- KVA testing students are eligible for meals served on the scheduled STAAR administration days.
- Students are required to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols including the wearing of a facial covering when on campus and participating in the STAAR assessments.
Students will report to their home campus on the specific testing days as noted by the home campus. Eligible test takers who do not participate in testing will have an answer document submitted which will reflect this decision.
APRIL 13, 2021 - SAT School Day Testing Administration Information:
- Students in 11th grade attending face-to-face learning and KVA are scheduled to take the Official SAT on Tuesday, April 13th at 7:15 am. There is no cost to students for the administration of the SAT School Day test.
- Students will be required to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, including the wearing of a facial covering when on campus.
- KVA and Face-to-Face students may ride district transportation to and from campus on Tuesday, April 13th, or parents may elect to transport their child to and from the campus.
- KVA and Face-to-Face students are eligible for meals served on the scheduled SAT administration date.
- Testing rooms will contain no more than 20 students. KISD safety protocols will be followed in the testing rooms, restrooms, and hallways.
- Room assignments will be sent out via remind by Monday, April 12th. You may also find room assignments posted by QR code throughout the building the day before testing.
- NOTE: Students enrolled in self-contained specialized programs will be permitted to attend class on campus.
Seven Lakes High School
Tuesday: April 13, 2021
11th Graders (KVA and F2F) SAT Test Schedule
Students report to testing rooms 7:05-7:10 am
TESTING WINDOW: 7:15 am-12:30 pm
**Students arriving after 7:30 FOR SAT will be sent home or will participate in study hall in the main commons. Late start testers will not be allowed.**
Dismissal for SAT testers will be at approximately 12:45 pm. Students will be released from testing rooms and may leave school to return home for intermittent learning if they have their own transportation (walking, biking, driving, picked up by a parent, etc.). All students may participate in a grab-and-go lunch when they leave in the main commons.
Students who are riding the bus or need to wait for transportation until the end of the day may wait in the main commons in a study hall for the 2:35 release.
Looking up STAAR EOC Scores
All scores for past EOC Exams may be accessed in the Texas Assessment Data Portal. This will be the only way to access your child's scores for STAAR. Please attached directions for accessing scores through the Texas Assessment Data Portal.
TELPAS and ALT 2 scores may also be accessed using the Assessment Portal above as well.
For students who are eligible to test but have not yet achieved "Approaches Grade Level," "Meets Grade Level," or "Masters Grade Level" on English I, English II, Algebra, Biology or US History STAAR EOC will be automatically enrolled in the next state testing opportunity. (Note: A student is considered "eligible to test" if they have taken an assessment and not yet passed, if they have completed the course and haven't yet tested, were absent for testing during the school year, or went home ill during testing and were unable to complete the test.)
The Spring 2020 STAAR tests were cancelled and students who PASSED the tested COURSE were given a Covid Waiver for the corresponding test. If you did not pass one or both halves last year's STAAR class (Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, or US History), you are now required to take the STAAR exam for that subject. You did not receive the Covid Waiver for the state exam.
All students must come to CRHS in order to take the STAAR test on the date(s) listed below. No testing will take place at home.
The State of Texas does not allow a student to Opt-Out of STAAR testing.
Re-tester notices have been sent to your student's permanent mailing address during the Spring 2021 semester.
Spring STAAR EOC Testing Schedule
|EOC Exam||Test Date|
|English I||Tuesday, April 6, 2021|
|English II||Thursday, April 8, 2021|
|Algebra I||Tuesday, May 4, 2021|
|US History||Wednesday, May 5, 2021|
|Biology||Thursday, May 6, 2021|
College Board Accommodations Request Deadlines – See Attached Schedule on the right
ACT Accommodations Request Deadlines – See Attached Schedule on the right
DISTRICT and STATE ASSESSMENT CALENDARS
For more information about DLA's or other state and district testing, please refer to the Katy ISD Calendars.