9th-grade Attendance Clerk: Lynda McDowell |Lyndalmcdowell@katyisd.org| Phone # 281-237-2894
10th – 12th Attendance Clerk (A-K): Sara Rios |email@example.com| Phone # 281-237-2925
10th – 12th Attendance Clerk (L-Z): Patti Schubert |Patriciacschubert@katyisd.org| Phone # 281-237-2926
Attendance Clerk Sheilah Green 281-237-2906
- All absences must be reported by a guardian. Students are NOT allowed to call themselves in.
- To Report an Absence--Notify the Attendance Office for absences via the online absence form for each day absent, preferably before 11 am. Please report the absence to the correct grade level office. At the campus website click on the "Parents" tab, then select the link "Report an Absence".
- All tardies/absences are unexcused unless accompanied by 1) a doctor's note for a healthcare appointment 2) a parent note or completed online absence form explaining your student's tardy/absence (reason must be in accordance with District Policy for Excused Reasons)
- A picture ID must be presented when checking out a student.
- Please allow at least 10 minutes for us to pull your student from class. To avoid a long wait, email or send a note with your student the morning of the same-day parent pickup. Your student will need to bring the note to the Attendance Office before the first period where he/she will receive a pass to come to the Attendance Office at the time you specify.
- See Student Handbook
- If you notice an error on your student's attendance, please contact the teacher regarding a student's presence/absence/tardiness in class, especially if you have received an automated call from the District. Contact the teacher the same-day, if possible. The teacher must notify the Attendance Office with the correction BEFORE any corrections can be made. For healthcare appointments and teacher corrections, please allow 24-48 hours to update the system. Parents can access their student's attendance history on the Home Access Center to verify corrections.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN Letters)
- A CAN letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
*A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four week period.
*A student has ten (10) or more unexcused absences in a six-month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter from the District, you have only five (5) school days to resolve it with the school Attendance Clerk. Unresolved CAN letters may result in a Court Warning Notification and/or subpoena.
Failure to Attend School Notifications
- A Failure to Attend School Letter will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
*A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six-month period.
*A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
Attendance for Credit
- All absences, excused and unexcused, are counted for the purpose of determining attendance for credit. For each course/class in which a student falls below 90 percent threshold, a review of the record will be conducted, and the student may be required to complete a plan developed by the principal in order to gain credit or be promoted.
Students Who Drive to School
- A note letting us know that your student has your permission to sign out and drive off campus is required before the 1st period begins. We follow up all such notes with a phone call to get verbal confirmation that the student has a parent/guardian permission.
- Students MUST have a parent/guardian's permission before being allowed to leave campus even if the student is 18 years of age.