- All absences must be reported by a guardian. Students are NOT allowed to call themselves in.
- To report an absence-email MCTCAttendance@katyisd.org or phone 281-237-6300. Students must be fever free without fever-reducing medications for 24 hours before being allowed back to school
- All tardies/absences are unexcused unless accompanied by a:
1) doctor's note for a healthcare appointment
2) parent note or completed online absence form explaining your student's tardy/absence (reason must be in accordance with District Policy for Excused Reasons)
- Guardian MUST present a picture ID when checking out your student.
- Please allow 5 minutes for us to pull your student from class. To avoid a delay, email or send a note with your student the morning of the same-day parent pickup. The student needs to bring the note to Attendance upon arrival. The student will receive a pass to come to the Attendance Office at the time you specify.
- For emergency contact pickup, the parent/guardian must provide a copy of their photo ID along with the written request. Information required in email/note: person's name signing out student, time student will be signed out and where student is going.
- A note to verify that your student has your permission to sign out and drive off-campus is required before the student may be released. Along with the note, we also require a phone call to get verbal confirmation that the student has a parent/guardian permission.
- If you notice an error on your student's attendance, please contact the teacher regarding a his or her presence/absence/tardiness in class. Contact the teacher the same day if possible. The teacher must notify Attendance of any correction BEFORE a correction can be made.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN Letters)
- A CAN letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
*A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four-week period.
*A student has six (6) or more unexcused absences in a six-month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter from the District, you have only five (5) school days to resolve it with the school Attendance Clerk. Unresolved CAN letters may result in a Court Warning Notification and/or subpoena.
Failure to Attend School Notifications
- A Failure to Attend School Letter will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
*A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six-month period.
*A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
- If you receive this letter, all future absences will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused.
- Send a doctor's note when possible, to avoid having too many personal illness absences.
Student Messages or Items for pick-up
- Message to students or items delivered for a student will be relayed as soon as is reasonable possible. We do not accept floral or balloon deliveries at any time during the school day.