Welcome to JHE Art!
Mrs. Diep (Holster) – Visual Arts Specialist
Phone: (281) 237-3296
Conference Time: 11:30-12:20
Welcome back Hayes Hawks!!!
I am so excited so have all of you back and get started on creating some awesome artworks!
Our school theme this year is "Growing the Future at Hayes Elementary," so our focus in art is to have a "growth" mindset. We will practice positive thinking and turn our "mistakes" into new opportunities! We will GROW together!
This may be a very different year for all of us, but I believe we can still work around our obstacles and still make this an amazing year, whether you are learning from home or in school! I can't wait to work with all of you on so many super fun art projects and expand our creativity! Happy creating!
Whether you are learning from home or in school, some basic supplies to help you be successful in art include (not limited to):
- Number 2 pencils
- Soft pink eraser
- Handheld pencil sharpener
- Markers (washable)
- Watercolor paint set with brush
- Colored pencils (Grade 2-5)
- Glue sticks or Elmer's liquid glue
- Fine point black Sharpies (if possible)
- 12x18 multi-colored construction paper (if possible)
- *Sketchbook/drawing pad/notebook for drawing practices (any type will work)
About the Teacher: