Welcome to the Cinco Ranch Junior High Attendance Office
Ways to contact the Attendance Clerk ---- Shelley Reimer:
How to handle absences, tardies, and half-day absence/early dismissals:
Please notify the Attendance Office for absences via the Online Absence for EACH day of an absence, preferably before 11 am. At the campus website click the (Campus or Parent tab), click on "Attendance." You are welcome to contact the teachers however, the Attendance Office Clerk must be notified as well.
All tardies/absences are unexcused unless accompanied by:
A Doctor's note for a healthcare appointment.
A parent note explaining the reason the student is tardy/absent (reason must be in accordance with District Policy for excused reasons).
You MUST present a picture ID when checking out your student.
If someone other than the parent/guardian needs to check out your student, the Attendance Office MUST receive written permission for early dismissal (whether they are on the contact list or not.) Please include the student's name, grade, the legal name of the person picking up the student and their relationship to the student, the reason for leaving, and the specific date and time the student is being picked up. This note needs to be dropped off at the Attendance Office the morning of the early dismissal.
Half-day absence/Early Dismissal – Generally, please allow 10 minutes for us to pull your student from class. To avoid a longer wait, you have the option to send a note to the Attendance in the morning (with your student) for same day parent pickups. Your student will receive a pass to come to the front office at the time you specify.
Notes are due the day the student returns to school.
Signing out a student will end at 3:35 if it is not an emergency. It is difficult to get your child out of class in a timely manner before school is dismissed at 3:55.
How to Handle an Attendance Correction:
Please contact the teacher as the first point of contact regarding a student's presence/absence/tardiness in class, especially if you have received an automated call from the District. Contact the teacher the same day if possible.
For healthcare appointments and teacher corrections, please allow 24-48 hours to update the system. Parents can access their student's attendance history on the Home Access center to verify corrections.
Compulsory Attendance Notifications (CAN Letters):
1. A student has 30 or more unexcused absences in a four-week period.
2. A student has 10 or more unexcused absences in a six-month period.
Failure to Attend School Notifications:
- A Failure to Attend School Letter will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days.
1. A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
2. A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six-month period.
- All future absences will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused.
- Send a Doctor's note when possible to avoid having too many personal illness absences, Also, if your student has scheduled appointments try not to make the appointment during the same class period each time.
Attendance for Credit:
All absences, excused and unexcused are counted for the purpose of determining attendance for credit. For each course/class in which a student falls below the 90 percent threshold, a review of the record will be conducted and the student may be required to complete a plan developed by the principal or designee in order to gain credit or be promoted.
For more details concerning attendance laws and violation consequences, please refer to the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct booklet from the district.