Registration & Courses
Most KVS courses are $200 per semester.
To register for a course through KVS:
1. Registration for Spring 2019 is open until January 18, 2019. Complete the PowerSchool Registration online application linked below If you were a summer 2018 KVS student and cannot add a course for Spring 2019, email us.
Katy Virtual School Application
Registration for Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 will open February 1, 2019 at 7AM.
2. Applications must be approved by the student's counselor, as well as the Katy Virtual School and may take several weeks to process. Course requests will be processed in the order they are received. Completion of application does not guarantee enrollment.
3. Check your Katy ISD email. Students will be notified of enrollment status through their Katy ISD email. Parents will be notified through their submitted parent email.
4. After confirmation of your enrollment email, have your parent or guardian log in
MyPaymentsPlus to pay the course fee. For directions on how to pay visit Course Fee Payments.
5. Prior to the course start date, students will receive a reminder email with log in and and getting started information. All KVS courses are hosted in
Canvas. Students log in with the Katy ISD ID and password.
Consult the Katy Virtual School calendar for registration dates and course start dates. Final exam dates are determined by course.
Summer course end dates and exam dates.
|Summer Session 1 2019||February 1, 2019||May 27, 2019||June 1, 2019|
|Summer Session 2 2019||February 1, 2019||July 2, 2019||July 8, 2019|
February 1, 2019||
August 23, 2019||
September 2, 2019|
February 1, 2019||January 19, 2020||
January 22, 2020|
Students will be dropped for non-payment.
Who can register?
Courses in the Katy ISD Virtual School are only available to students currently enrolled in Katy ISD. Once a student withdraws from the District, the student is also withdrawn from their virtual course. Transfer grades will be sent to the receiving district following the normal campus process.
KVS Courses Offered for 2019 - 2020
Katy ISD Virtual School courses are listed in the Katy ISD Course Catalog.
Courses Offered for 2019 - 2020
Two Semester Courses
AP® Art History
AP® European History
AP® US History
PreAP Geometry (summer and Junior High during school year))
PreAP Multivariable Calculus
PreAP World Geography
PreAP Algebra 2 (Junior High only during school year)
One Semester Courses
AP® Human Geography
Foundations of Fitness
PE Individual and Team Sports
Personal Financial Literacy
Online Study and Mentorship OISM is offered through Miller Career and Technology Center and hosted by KVS. Students interested in taking the OISM course can click on the link for more information. Online Independent Study and Mentorship
AP® Physics C Test Prep is a non-credit test prep with online content and face to face lab sessions to prepare students for the AP Mechanics and the AP Electricity and Magnetism tests. The test prep is facilitated by a current Katy ISD AP Physics II teacher. For more information, contact your current AP Physics II teacher.
AP® Calculus C is a non-credit review for students who have completed AP® Calculus A/B and are entering AP® Calculus C. For more information, contact your AP Calculus teacher. There is no cost for this review as it is self guided.
Return to Katy ISD Virtual School