Katy Virtual School
The Katy ISD Virtual School's primary objective is to expand the learning opportunities for our students by offering choice and flexibility for challenging online courses developed by Katy ISD.
Online learning is an essential part of today's learning culture that can provide our students with the opportunity to acquire required credit from anywhere and at any time. Online learning offers the unique experience of self-directed learning that will instill advanced learning skills as well as the Katy ISD Instructional Cornerstones in our students and better prepare them for life and college. In today's world, this model of learning is increasingly in high demand and is a cost effective way to deliver instruction. It is a worthwhile investment in the future of our students and eventually can be self-sustained financially.
Registration is still open for 2nd summer semester, fall 2019 and spring 2020.
***Registration begins February 1, 2019 at 7:00 AM for summer 2019, fall 2019 and spring 2020 ***
Why Take Online Courses through the Katy ISD Virtual School (KVS)
- Provide flexibility in scheduling: participate in multiple programs (i.e. Fine Arts, Athletics), earn required credits toward graduation, and explore additional academic interests.
- Fulfill state required courses for graduation when moving into Katy ISD from outside the state of Texas
- Provide online learning environments to prepare students for college and career learning
- Ongoing access to resources to support personalized learning
- Opportunity to access courses that are not offered on home campus due to low enrollment
- Allow students to attend specialized programs, camps, and personal interests
- Courses are aligned to the Katy ISD curriculum and are taught by Katy ISD teachers.
- KVS is an approved NCAA non-traditional provider. Courses count towards initial eligibility.