Technology is all about people. At Katy ISD, we strongly believe that technology is all about unleashing the human capacity to innovate, communicate, educate and transform lives.
There is no doubt that technology has resulted in a transformational change in the way students learn, teachers teach, administrators manage and parents connect. This does not happen by coincidence. Each step of the process requires strategic decisions that impact the future of each child in our district.
The desktop centric world is no longer sustainable for the future. Katy ISD will build cost effective platforms based on cloud and mobile computing that provide access to personalized learning from anywhere at any time via any device.
Through constant innovation, we are committed to providing exceptional services and solutions that will positively transform the learning environment for all teachers and students at Katy ISD.
To be recognized for our commitment to excellence and leadership in transforming learning.
|Responsibility||We accept personal responsibility for our actions and results.|
|Integrity||People want to work with us because we are true to our word and we keep our promises. |
|Teamwork||We are one team. |
|Excellence||We do our best in everything we do.|
|Respect||We treat others with the highest degree of fairness, dignity, equality and trust. |
|Honesty||We are uncompromising with the truth.|
|Innovation||We are driven by a desire to continually learn, improve, and grow.|
|Passion||We show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that we do. |
|Service||We are our customers' best partners. |
Our students need.....
- Safe and secure environment.
- Access to relevant technologies, tools, resources and services for individualized instruction 24/7.
- Access to information and communication technologies to collaborate, construct knowledge and provide solutions to real-world problems.
- Personalized learning, anywhere, anytime and any device.
- Digital learning environment in the classroom and beyond.
- Integrated technology at the grade and subject level.
Our educators need.....
- New learning environments that utilize technology as a flexible tool where learning is collaborative, interactive and customized.
- Integration of appropriate technology throughout all of curriculum and instruction.
- Skill in interpreting data to drive instruction.
- Support and training to integrate technology with instruction.
Our administrators need.....
- Access to relevant and timely information to support decision-making.
- Integrated systems with streamlined workflow to support operation.
- Cost effective solutions that best supports their requirements.
- World-class service and training.
Our community needs.....
- Partnerships with KISD parents and business community through technology.
- Access to up-to-date relevant information about our schools.
- Multiple ways to participate in the education of our children.
Dr. John Alawneh, Chief Information Officer, leads the Katy ISD Information Technology Division consisting of six departments:
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Services
- Enterprise Systems
- Instructional Innovations
- Project Management
- Technology Operations
While each group has distinct functions that contribute to the overall success of technology within Katy ISD, none operates as a separate entity. The framework that the Katy ISD Technology Division operates within distinguishes them from most educational IT organizations. Under Dr. Alawneh's leadership, and through teamwork, each department communicates with the other departments to ensure smooth integration of technology throughout all the campuses and divisions within Katy ISD. Multiple forms of communication help them forge a highly effective organization that is in tune with the diverse needs of the various student, staff and administrator groups that rely on technology on a day to day basis.