Professional Learning Information for New Hires
All New Hires must attend a New Hire Induction Meeting with Human Resources. Visit the Human Resources website for more information.
Welcome to Katy ISD! The following actions will help ensure a smooth and successful start to your professional learning experiences in Katy ISD.
1. Access Eduphoria Workshop to find and register for professional development.
Before receiving a Katy ISD Login: Click here to request a temporary login. You will receive your temporary login through email. Using a temporary login, go to http://www.schoolobjects.com to log in and register for courses as a guest. The following video will show you how to register in Eduphoria Workshop using a guest account: Registering with a guest account.
After receiving a Katy ISD Login: Go to www.eduphoria.katyisd.org to complete profile setup in Eduphoria. Use a Katy ISD computer for your first login. Use category icons to browse for courses, or use the search feature to find specific course titles. Click “Register” in the top-left corner to register for a class.
2. Attend or send proof of T-TESS Teacher Orientation.
T-TESS Teacher Orientation is required for all teachers. New hires who have not received T-TESS Orientation will select one of the following Summer T-TESS training opportunities. New hires who completed T-TESS Orientation in a previous district will send certificates of T-TESS training to Nicole Zwahr, Professional Learning Coordinator. Register in Eduphoria Workshop.
Summer Training Dates for T-TESS Orientation
- Thursday, June 6 (1:00PM–4:30PM)
- Tuesday, June 11 (8:00AM–11:30AM)
- Thursday, June 13 (1:00PM–4:30PM)
- Tuesday, June 25 (1:00PM–4:30PM)
- Tuesday, July 9 (1:00PM–4:30PM)
- Thursday, July 11 (1:00PM–4:30PM)
- Wednesday, July 17 (8:00AM–11:30AM)
- Monday, August 5 (8:00AM - 11:30AM)
- Monday, August 5 (1:00PM - 4:30PM)
3. Transfer CPE Hours from Previous District
Professional development credit hours may be transferred from previous districts if records were stored in Eduphoria. To transfer hours, contact the previous district for a .wxe file from Eduphoria. Email the file and request for transfer of hours to Candace Jorgensen .
4. Complete Mandatory Training in Eduphoria Workshop
All Katy ISD Employees are required to complete Mandatory Training. This will be available starting on August 6, 2019.