- Katy ISD HVAC Department: maintains the equivalent of two Pentagons daily.
- 5,305 homes of 2,500 square feet: this amount of floor space cleaned each evening by our custodians.
- 181 Square miles: amount of area that our employees are dispatched to on a daily basis.
- 785 employees: Katy ISD’s largest support service organization in terms of personnel and budget.
- $23,620,000: total Operating budget for the 2017-2018 school year, which includes $15,772,500 for utilities.
- 354: number of portable buildings owned by the district and used to manage growth.
- 20%: initial cost of constructing a building is only 20% of the total cost of maintaining it throughout its life.
- 2,313 acres: of landscape maintained. This is more than 5 times the University of Texas central campus in Austin.
- 13,675 standard subdivision home yards: is equivalent to completing one moving cycle.
- 4,3031: number of work requests completed in the 2016-2017 school year, 2491 of those were emergency work orders.
- 7000-8000: rolls of toilet tissue used each week. The District supplies enough toilet tissue each week to roll from downtown Houston to downtown San Antonio and back.
- 3,000,000: trash bags used each year. If we gave each Katy ISD student trash bags to take home, that would be 41 bags per student.
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses