New Hire Information
*Note: Please try a different browser if you have trouble viewing the documents. A lot of the documents are best viewed using Internet Explorer.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation & Benefits Website
- Voluntary Retirement Plans Website
- Payroll Website
- TRS Surcharge
- Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharges set by the Texas Retirement System. Any TRS-retiree seeking full or part-time employment with Katy ISD must validate they have not been employed by a TRS-covered employer for 12 consecutive, calendar months. TRS-retirees that desire to work as a substitute are NOT subject to the 12-month guideline, but are subject to all TRS guidelines and any incurred surcharges.
- Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
- retired after September 1, 2005 and
- is working a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
- **Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
- Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
New Hire Induction Training
- Fingerprinting is required to be completed prior to attending a New Hire Induction Training.
- New Hire forms will be sent to the email listed on the application. These forms need to submitted electronically prior to attending an induction training.
- It is required to have all paperwork completed and attend a New Hire Induction Training prior to starting work.
- The Professional Learning Department or your direct supervisor will provide you details regarding the Mandatory Trainings after you have completed the induction training.
- You will be contacted by a Human Resource staff member to schedule your induction training.
- New Hire Induction Training Powerpoint
Additional KISD Information
Health Services Information
*Please return these forms to the Katy ISD Health Services Department located in the Education
Support Complex. The forms may be sent via interoffice mail from the assigned campus.
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses