New Hire Information
*Note: Please try a different browser if you have trouble viewing the documents. A lot of the documents are best viewed using Internet Explorer.
- New professional and paraprofessional employees that do not start until the 2019-2020 school year can click on the following link and register for the date and time that is most convenient
- New auxiliary employees will be contacted by a Human Resources staff member to schedule a New Hire Meeting.
- Fingerprinting is required to be completed prior to attending a New Hire Meeting.
- New Hire forms will be available through a checklist that you will log into. The login details will go to your email that is on your application. Most of the forms can be completed electronically, but there is one form that will need to be notarized. All forms must be completed prior to attending a New Hire Meeting.
- It is required to have fingerprinting, all new hire forms completed, and attend a New Hire Meeting prior to starting work.
- The Professional Learning Department or your direct supervisor will provide you details regarding the Mandatory Trainings after you have completed the New Hire Meeting.
- New Hire Meeting Powerpoint (Professional)
- New Hire Meeting Powerpoint (Para-Professional & Auxiliary)
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation & Benefits Website
- Voluntary Retirement Plans Website
- Payroll Website
- TRS Surcharge
- Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharges set by the Texas Retirement System. Any TRS-retiree seeking full or part-time employment with Katy ISD must validate they have not been employed by a TRS-covered employer for 12 consecutive, calendar months. TRS-retirees that desire to work as a substitute are NOT subject to the 12-month guideline, but are subject to all TRS guidelines and any incurred surcharges.
- Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
- retired after September 1, 2005 and
- is working a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
- **Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
- Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
Health Services Information
*Please return these forms to the Katy ISD Risk Management Department located in the Education Support Complex. The forms may be sent via interoffice mail from the assigned campus.
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses