In order to apply for a vacancy, please complete the general Katy ISD Online Application and then browse our vacancies by clicking on the Active Vacancies link to the right. Please note that you must apply for each specific vacancy by logging in to your general Katy ISD application and clicking "apply for this job". This also applies to Katy ISD Employees that are interested in a vacancy.
An online application, through WinOcular, has been activated that will allow internal candidates to apply online for posted positions. This new process will remove the need to have internal applicants submit (email, mail, fax, etc.) a letter of interest to the campus principal or district supervisor. Resumes and letters of interest will all be uploaded into WinOcular.
As a result of the new process, internal applicants will take the following action steps when applying for posted positions:
Request to be added to the Transfer List
- While internal applicants will be required to apply for posted positions, principals and district supervisors will use the Transfer List to ensure that an internal applicant is eligible for a transfer. However, internal applicants will required to complete an online application for posted positions.
Apply online using the Internal Online Application
- Internal applicants will be required to upload resumes and interest letters based upon the position for which they are applying.
- Once an internal application has been completed by an employee, the application can be updated for each position of interest thereafter.
Automated reference forms will be distributed using the internal online application once a Katy ISD employee applies for a vacant positon. Katy ISD employees need three references (including one from your current supervisor).
Note: Internal applicants cannot apply for positions that have not been posted. In this case, the principal/district supervisor will use the transfer list as a way to identify interested applicants.
Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharge set by the Texas Retirement System. Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
- retired after September 1, 2005 and
- is working in a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
**Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
- as a substitute as defined by TRS
- less than half-time
- retired before September 1, 2005
Rehired retirees who signed an employment contract with Katy ISD prior to July 1, 2016 are grandfathered.
The district transfer list is for current Katy ISD employees only. An employee should only submit one request each school year (July 1st - June 30th). Once you have been placed on the transfer list you will not be able to submit an additional request. You may update or remove your transfer request by contacting Alice Smith (Professional) or Dora Almaguer (Paraprofessional).