Purpose of Title I, Part A
The purpose of Title I, Part A is to enable campuses to provide opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging state content performance standards for all children.
The goal is to improve educational opportunities so that students will:
· Succeed in the regular classroom
· Attain grade level proficiency
· Improve basic, as well as more advanced, skills
The expectation is that students will increase their academic achievement, improve their grades, reduce risk of failure and increase their likelihood of completing high school.
Title I Campuses
|Bear Creek Elementary||Rhoads Elementary|
|Franz Elementary||King Elementary|
|Golbow Elementary||Sundown Elementary|
|Hutsell Elementary||Schmalz Elementary|
|Mayde Creek Elementary||Stephens Elementary|
|Memorial Parkway Elementary||West Memorial Elementary|
|Morton Ranch Elementary||Winborn Elementary|
|McRoberts Elementary||Wolfe Elementary|
Parents' Right to Know
Teacher and Paraprofessional Qualifications
As the parent of a student at a Title I campus, you have the right to request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers.
· Whether the teacher meets the federal qualifications and state certification criteria for grades/subjects taught.
· Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or probationary status because of special circumstances.
· The teacher’s college major, level of degree, and the field of the certification/degree.
· The qualifications of any paraprofessional providing services to your child.
Non-Highly Qualified Teachers
As a parent you have the right to know if your child has been assigned or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the Federal requirements of highly qualified.
Each Title I, Part A campus provides, to each individual parent, information on the level of achievement of the parent’s child in each of the required state academic assessments.