Secondary English Language Arts (ELA)
- Students experience authentic reading, writing, listening, and speaking opportunities within multiple genres including visual texts.
- Prior knowledge, including reading and life experiences, shapes how readers make connections and interact with text and media.
- Writing is a reflective process used to solve problems, explore issues, construct questions, and address inquiry.
- Student choice in an essential component of reading and writing instruction.
- Grammar is taught within the context of reading and writing.