District Student Transfer Open Enrollment 2018-2019
The Katy ISD District Student Transfer (DST) database is currently under redesign. Projected date to open the DST database for the 2018-2019 school year is the second week in April 2018. Campus Administrative Support Department will send out an email District wide notifying parents of the open enrollment. Board approved closed and open campuses will be posted simultaneously with the DST open enrollment information.
Transfer Open Enrollment Period
Transfer Open Enrollment Period : This year the District's student transfer open enrollment period will be open for both employees and non-employees at the same time. The 2017-2018 new and renewal transfer requests for KISD students will be processed beginning MONDAY MORNING, March 6, 2017 and WILL CLOSE FRIDAY, May 12, 2017.
Transfers will only be processed once the application, accompanying documents (if applicable), and appropriate fee have been received. A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE of $35.00 ($10.00 for District employees) is required for processing each application. Fee waivers may be granted by the building principal on an individual hardship basis based on financial need. If you are a KISD employee, upon submitting the transfer and indicating you are a Katy ISD employee, the application will validate the Employee ID number entered. Fees are not validated for payment in MyPaymentPlus until the funds have cleared both the employee and the district's bank. To expedite the transfer process, make payments on-line 24 hours after submission of the transfer application by accessing MyPaymentsPlus and submitting the fee on the "District student transfer fee" line item. Payments may also be made to the campus registrar by cash or money order only. (Checks are not accepted).
District employees are only eligible for a student transfer if you reside within KISD residential zone or you were hired prior to February 26, 1996.
Katy ISD does not provide transportation for approved transfers. Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent. High school students are not guaranteed parking privileges.
A valid student ID number will be required. MyPaymentsPlus may not be used for this category of students: new, non-move request (i.e. Request for a PK or KG student that is not yet enrolled). These students (who do not have a Katy ISD issued student ID number) will need to make a payment by money order or cash to the campus the student is transferring to or a money order may be mailed to the Campus Administrative Support Department, Student Transfer Office, PO Box 159, Katy, Texas, 77492.
Important Points to Know
- If you do not know which campus you are zoned to, please use the Katy ISD Attendance Zones Map. http://www.katyisd.org/Pages/sara.aspx to make that determination.
- Submitted applications can only be printed using Adobe Reader. Paper applications are not accepted or processed. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from the Adobe website. Any supporting documents patrons wish to include for the transfer application must be uploaded in PDF format. Required documents may also be given to the campus registrar or nurse.
- Attendance Boundary Modification (ABM) (Rezoning) - Intra-district transfers will not be accepted or processed in response to an Attendance Boundary Modification approved by the KISD Board (e.g. Bryant Elementary and Stockdick Junior High)
- Intra-District Transfer- Student transferring from one Katy ISD campus to another Katy ISD campus
- Inter-District Transfer- Student transferring into the district from an out-of-district campus
- Sibling Transfer- A request may be made for a transfer to allow a sibling (other than one in a centrally located District program) to attend the same school that another sibling currently attends. Parents may elect to use a one-time option to allow siblings to complete their education at that campus. In the case of a special education student assigned to a program on a campus outside the student's attendance zone, a request may be made for a transfer to allow a student residing in the same household to attend the same school as the special education student
- Cancellations- All student district transfer applications are automatically cancelled if payment has not been received within 30 days of the request
Campus Administrative Support Department Contact Information:
Contact from the Campus Administrative Support Department (CASD) will be made within 10 business days after payment has been received and all paperwork has been submitted unless there are exceptional circumstances. Extenuating conditions may lengthen your student's transfer process. Students with an approved transfer must be enrolled at the requested campus within thirty days. If the transfer is for the beginning of the year, the student must be enrolled by the first six weeks of school. Failure to do so will result in the transfer being cancelled and the student will need to attend their home zoned school. For questions or concerns about your student's transfer contact the following Campus Administrative Staff:
- Dr. Freda C. Creech and Priscilla A. Malone at 281.396.2357