Application for 2019-2020 school year
The District Student Transfer application for the 2019-2020 school year is now available using the 'Transfer Application for current school year' link on the right-hand side of this page.
Application for 2020-2021 school year
The District Student Transfer application, for 2020-2021 school year requests NOT due to the High School Attendance Boundary Modification (HS ABM), will be open March 16 - May 21, 2020.
Application for 2020-2021 school year for requests due to HS ABM
The District Student Transfer application for ABM-related requests closed on January 13, 2020.
Important Points to Know
- Attendance Boundary Modification (ABM) (Rezoning) - transfers will not be approved in response to an ABM approved by the Katy ISD Board of Trustees unless the request meets exception criteria.
- Please use the Katy ISD Attendance Zones Map http://www.katyisd.org/Pages/sara.aspx to determine the schools to which your residence is zoned.
- Applications must be submitted online. Any supporting documents parents wish to include for the transfer application must be uploaded in PDF format. Required documents may also be given to the campus registrar or nurse.
- Intra-District Transfer = student transferring from one Katy ISD campus to another Katy ISD campus.
- Inter-District Transfer = Student transferring into the district from an out-of-district campus.
- Cancellations- Student transfer requests may be automatically cancelled if payment has not been received within 30 days of submission.
- Student transfers are for children going into grades Kindergarten - 12.
**For the 2020-2021 school year, KISD employees must submit student transfer applications no later than May 21, 2020 (application available starting March 16, 2020). KISD New Hires will have one month from date of employment to submit student transfer applications.**
Only full time employees are eligible for an employee-based student transfer. Part-time and substitute employees are not eligible. A full-time district employee may request a transfer for their student to attend the actual worksite of the employee or the closest campus to the employee's worksite (closest campus to worksite is determined by Campus Administrative Support Department).
Out of district employees who would like their children to attend a Katy ISD school are required to upload each child's attendance and discipline records for two school years when submitting the student's initial transfer request.
The processing fee will be waived for applications submitted due to the HS ABM (rezoning of KHS and Jordan High School).
Transfers will be processed after the application, accompanying documents (if applicable), and appropriate fee have been received. A NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $35.00 ($10.00 for district employees) is required for processing each application. Fee waivers may be granted by the campus principal on an individual hardship basis.
Pay in person: Payments may be made to the registrar at the transfer-to campus or at the district office by cash or money order (payable to Katy ISD). Checks are not accepted.
Online payments: Katy ISD Pay N' Go is an online web store, providing a convenient way for parents, students, and other patrons to make payments for cafeteria meals, activity fees, district transfer fees, and a variety of other campus and district related services. There are no transaction fees and the system accepts credit cards and eChecks.
- go to www.katyisd.org
- click the Pay N' Go icon (you will need to create an account if this is your first time to use Pay N' Go)
- once logged in, select 'District Transfer Fees'
- if you do not see the Student Transfer fee, please make sure that it has been 48 hours from the time stamped on your Submission Confirmation email
- go to District Transfer Fee Payments for more details
Transfer Acknowledgement and Agreement
A parent submitting a transfer application for a student is now required to acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
1. Transfers do not and will not override a Board-approved Attendance Boundary Modification
2. The transfer fee is non-refundable
3. Intended residence transfers are not required if you will be residing in the new residence prior to September 1st
4. No transfer is required if you move after the first day of the last grading period in a school year
5. Transportation must be provided by the parent or guardian of a student on an approved transfer. High school students are not guaranteed parking privileges
6. The transfer, once approved, shall remain in effect as long as the original reason for the transfer exists, and as long as the student remains in the same campus level (i.e. elementary, junior high, or high school); however, the transfer must be renewed annually
7. The student will be allowed only one transfer per school year
8. Failure to enroll your student into the approved transfer-to school by the first day of the second week of transfer approval could result in transfer revocation
9. Transfer students must abide by the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct. The principal may revoke the transfer for serious or persistent misconduct, or shall revoke the transfer for any offense resulting in DAEP or JJAEP placement
10. A transfer may be revoked for a documented pattern of late arrivals, late pick-ups, and/or poor attendance. A transfer may also be revoked if the student's continued enrollment at the campus requires additional staff and/or facility space
11. Any falsification of information shall cause this application for transfer to be denied and/or revoked. In addition, falsification of documents or records is a criminal offense and subject to fines under Section 37.10 Penal Code
12. Approval of a transfer does not guarantee UIL varsity athletic eligibility.
Contact the District's Athletic Department at 281-396-7780 with questions, or to obtain an application regarding a UIL Residence Waiver.
Campus Administrative Support Department:For questions or concerns about your student's transfer, contact:
Dr. Freda Creech and Bitsy Cobb at 281.396.2357