District Student Transfer Open Enrollment 2018-2019
Transfer Open Enrollment Periods : The District will have two student transfer open enrollment periods for both
non-employees at the same time. The 2018-2019 new and renewal transfer requests for Katy ISD students will open for the
first enrollment period
MONDAY at 8:00AM, April 16, 2018 and
FRIDAY, June 1, 2018. The transfer
second enrollment period will open Monday, at 8:00AM, July 16, 2018 and
WEDNESDAY, August 15, 2018.
only be processed once the application, accompanying documents (if applicable), and appropriate fee has been received. A
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE of $35.00 ($10.00 for District employees) is
required for processing each application. Fee waivers may be granted by the building principal on an individual hardship basis based on financial need.
Fees are not validated for payment in MyPaymentPlus until the funds have
cleared both the employee and the District banks. To
expedite the transfer process, make payments on-line
24 hours after submission of the transfer application by accessing
MyPaymentsPlus and submitting the fee on the "District student transfer fee" line item. Fees paid via CREDIT CARD will be processed and marked as "Paid" on school records within two days. Due to banking regulations-which allow a window of time for returned items - E-CHECK payments take longer than credit card transactions. Please allow at least 7-14 days for E-CHECK payments to show as "Paid" at your student's campus. Payments may also be made to the campus registrar by cash or money order only. (Checks are not accepted). A valid student Katy ISD ID number is required.
MyPaymentsPlus may not be used for this category of students: new, non-move request (i.e. Request for a PK, or KG student that is not yet enrolled). These students (who do not have a Katy ISD issued student ID number) will need to make a payment by money order or cash to the campus the student is transferring to for the upcoming year. After transfer application is submitted, an automated payment reminder will be generated with instructions for payment.
ONLY full-time (in-District and out-of-District) employees are eligible for a student transfer. Part-time and substitute employees are not eligible. A full-time District employee may request a transfer for their student to attend the school closest to or the actual worksite of the employee. Current employees that live outside of the District and are choosing to bring their children to a Katy ISD school will be required to upload each child's attendance and discipline records for two school years (current and previous) when submitting your student's transfer.
Transfer Acknowledgement and Agreement
This request is made with the full understanding of and agreement to the following:
- Transfers do not and will not override a Board approved Attendance Boundary Modification.
- The transfer fee is non-refundable.
- No transfers are required if you will be residing in the new residence prior to September 1st.
- No transfers are required if you move after the first day of the last grading period in a school year.
- Transportation is to be provided by the parent or person standing in parental relation to the student for approved transfer. (High school students are not guaranteed parking privileges, if applicable).
- The transfer, once approved, shall remain in effect as long as the original reason for the transfer exists and as long as the student remains in the same campus level (i.e. elementary, junior high, or high school); however, the transfer must be renewed on an annual basis.
- The student will only be allowed one transfer during a school year.
- Failure to enroll your student into the approved transfer to school by the first day of the second week of transfer approval, will result in an automatic transfer revocation.
- Transfer students must abide by the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct. The principal may revoke the transfer for serious or persistent misconduct or shall revoke the transfer for any offense mandating a DAEP or JJAEP placement.
- A transfer may be revoked for a documented pattern of late arrivals, late pick-ups, and/or poor attendance. A transfer may also be revoked if the student's continued enrollment at the campus requires additional staff and/or facility space.
- Any falsification of information shall cause this application for transfer to be denied and/or revoked. In addition, falsification of documents or records is a criminal offense and subject to fines under Section 37.10, Penal Code.
Approval of a transfer does not guarantee UIL varsity athletic eligibility. Contact the District's Athletic Department to obtain an application regarding a UIL Residence Waiver, if applicable.
Important Points to Know
If you do not know which campus you are zoned to, please use the Katy ISD Attendance Zones Map.
http://www.katyisd.org/Pages/sara.aspx to make that determination.
- Submitted applications can only be printed using Adobe Reader.
Paper applications are not accepted or processed. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you may
download it for free from the Adobe website. Any supporting documents patrons wish to include for the transfer application must be uploaded in PDF format. Required documents may also be given to the campus registrar or nurse.
Attendance Boundary Modification (ABM) (Rezoning) - Intra-district transfers will not be accepted or processed in response to an Attendance Boundary Modification approved by the Katy ISD Board (e.g. Amy Campbell Elementary).
Attendance Boundary Modification and Student Transfer Information
Intra-District Transfer- Student transferring from one Katy ISD campus to another Katy ISD campus
Inter-District Transfer- Student transferring into the district from an out-of-district campus
Sibling Transfer- A request may be made for a transfer to allow a sibling (other than one in a centrally located District program) to attend the same school that another sibling currently attends. Parents may elect to use a one-time option to allow siblings to complete their education at that campus. In the case of a special education student assigned to a program on a campus outside the student's attendance zone, a request may be made for a transfer to allow a student residing in the same household to attend the same school as the special education student
Cancellations- All student district transfer applications are
automatically cancelled if
payment has not been received within 30 days of the request
Campus Administrative Support Department Contact Information:
Contact from the Campus Administrative Support Department (CASD) will be made within
10 business days after payment has been received and all paperwork has been submitted unless there are unusual circumstances. Extenuating conditions may lengthen your student's transfer process. For questions or concerns about your student's transfer contact the following Campus Administrative Staff:
- Dr. Freda C. Creech and Elizabeth Cobb at 281.396.7873