Application for 2018-2019 school year
The District Student Transfer application can be accessed via the link on the right-hand side of this page.
Application for 2019-2020 school year
The District Student Transfer application for the 2019-2020 school year will open on April 8, 2019. The application will be available April 8 - June 16, 2019. It will close on June 17, 2019 and reopen on July 15, 2019. KISD employees are requested to submit student transfer applications between April 8th and June 16th.
**Employee-based student transfer applications are no longer being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year. Exception: New Hires have one month from date of employment to submit student transfer applications.**
Only full time employees are eligible for an employee-based student transfer. Part-time and substitute employees are not eligible. A full-time district employee may request a transfer for their student to attend the actual worksite of the employee or the closest campus to the employee's worksite (closest campus to worksite is determined by Campus Administrative Support Department).
Out of district employees who would like their children to attend a Katy ISD school are required to upload each child's attendance and discipline records for two school years when submitting the student's initial transfer request.
Transfers will be processed after the application, accompanying documents (if applicable), and appropriate fee have been received. A NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $35.00 ($10.00 for district employees) is required for processing each application. Fee waivers may be granted by the campus principal on an individual hardship basis.
Pay online via MyPaymentsPlus: A valid Katy ISD student ID number is required; MyPaymentsPlus cannot be used for new students not yet enrolled. Allow 24-48 hours after submission of the transfer request for line item, 'District student transfer fee' to appear. Use a desktop or laptop (line item will not show on smart phone) to submit payment for the line item 'District student transfer fee.'
CREDIT CARD and DEBIT CARD payments will be processed and marked as "Paid" within two days.
E-CHECK payments take 7-14 days to show as "Paid" due to banking regulations.
Pay in person: Payments may be made to the registrar at the transfer-to campus by cash or money order (checks are not accepted).
Transfer Acknowledgement and Agreement
Transfer requests are made with the full understanding of, and agreement to the following:
- Transfers do not and will not override a board-approved Attendance Boundary Modification.
- The transfer fee is non-refundable.
- No transfers are required if you will be residing in a new residence prior to September 1st.
- No transfers are required if you move after the first day of the last grading period in a school year.
- Transportation is to be provided by the parent or person standing in parental relation to the student for the approved transfer. (High school students are not guaranteed parking privileges, if applicable).
- The transfer, once approved, shall remain in effect as long as the original reason for the transfer exists, and as long as the student remains in the same campus level (i.e. elementary, junior high, or high school); however, the transfer must be renewed on an annual basis.
- The student will be allowed only one transfer during a school year.
- Failure to enroll your student into the approved transfer-to school by the first day of the second week of transfer approval will result in an automatic transfer revocation.
- Transfer students must abide by the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct. The principal may revoke the transfer for serious or persistent misconduct, or shall revoke the transfer for any offense mandating a DAEP or JJAEP placement.
- A transfer may be revoked for a documented pattern of late arrivals, late pick-ups, and/or poor attendance. A transfer may also be revoked if the student's continued enrollment at the campus requires additional staff and/or facility space.
- Any falsification of information shall cause this application for transfer to be denied and/or revoked. In addition, falsification of documents or records is a criminal offense and subject to fines under Section 37.10, Penal Code.
- Approval of a transfer does not guarantee UIL varsity athletic eligibility. Contact the District's Athletic Department at 281-396-7780 to obtain an application regarding a UIL Residence Waiver, if applicable.
Important Points to Know
- Please use the Katy ISD Attendance Zones Map http://www.katyisd.org/Pages/sara.aspx to determine the schools to which your residence is zoned.
- Applications must be submitted online. Paper applications are not accepted. Copies of submitted applications can be printed using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you may
download it for free from the Adobe website. Any supporting documents parents wish to include for the transfer application must be uploaded in PDF format. Required documents may also be given to the campus registrar or nurse.
Attendance Boundary Modification (ABM) (Rezoning) - transfers will not be accepted or processed in response to an Attendance Boundary Modification approved by the Katy ISD Board of Trustees.
Intra-District Transfer = student transferring from one Katy ISD campus to another Katy ISD campus.
Inter-District Transfer = Student transferring into the district from an out-of-district campus.
- Cancellations- Student transfer requests may be automatically cancelled if
payment has not been received within 30 days of submission.
Campus Administrative Support Department Contact Information:
For questions or concerns about your student's transfer, contact the following Campus Administrative Support Staff:
- Dr. Freda C. Creech and Bitsy Cobb at 281.396.2357