Due to privacy guidelines, the staff of the Department of Research, Assessment, and Accountability are not authorized to release student information or scores with the public, including parents or guardians. Please contact your student's campus for access to student records, including assessment results.
State Assessment Calendar 2018-19.pdf
Local Assessment Calendar 2018-19.pdf
Preliminary SAT (PSAT)/ National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT)
The PSAT/NMSQT™ is a standardized test administered by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. It measures the reading, math, and writing skills needed for college and career success in today's world. The PSAT/NMSQT™ provides valuable information to parents and students on student potential for advanced academics in high school. Juniors who score well may qualify for National Merit Recognition and Scholarships.
- Katy ISD will offer the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®) to 10th and 11th graders on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
- A home-schooled student, who is enrolled in 9th-11th grade, may make arrangements to take the assessment at his/her zoned high school.
- Parents will need to contact the Testing Facilitator, at the zoned high school campus, for registration requirements and possible costs.
- Deadline to register, with the Testing Facilitator at the zoned high school, is Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
- Proof of residency is required at the time of the time of registration. See residency requirements for full details.
PSAT Parent Letter
Senate Bill 1843 authorizes
that each school year, each school district is required to provide students in
grades 10 through 12 an opportunity to take the Armed Services Vocational
Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test and consult with a military recruiter. The
chart illustrates the testing dates for Katy ISD High School Campuses. If you
are interested in your child participating in the ASVAB test, please contact
your child’s counselor or the campus testing facilitator for important details