National Junior Honor Society!
National Junior Honor Society is for the 8th grade students who showed great academic achievement throughout the course of their 7th grade year. In order to qualify for NJHS, 7th grade students must have an overall Grade Point Average of 3.75 after the 4th six weeks grading period. Invitations to join National Junior Honor Society will be sent home during the 5th Six weeks for qualifying 7th grade students.
- Current NJHS members are responsible for finding and completing a total of 10 service hours due after Spring Break 2016. Two of these service hours must be completed at WoodCreek Junior High by volunteering to assist teachers during advisory or after school (i.e. assist directors with organizing music, help clean classrooms, assist with tutorials before/after school, etc.). Students are to have completed a service hours form (found on our Edmodo page) signed by the adult they are volunteering for as proof of the volunteer opportunity.
NJHS Constitution-WCJH 2016-2017.pdf
NJHS Hours form -WCJH 2016-2017.pdf
How To Calculate GPA.pdf
Need to know information:
update on volunteer opportunities and reminders through Canvas. Please make
sure you accept your class invitation to all important NJHS information
WCJH NJHS IMPORTANT DEADLINES & DATES
- Friday April 13th Signed commitment letter, money, and forms due to Mrs. Price-Lewis and Mrs. Lewis (paper clipped together).
- Tuesday, April 24th Mandatory Induction Practice 2:45 – 3:30 pm (Practice is in the Competition Gym)
- Thursday, April 26th Induction Ceremony WCJH Competition Gym 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- DRESS: Girls – dress, skirt, or nice slacks Boys – slacks and nice shirt NO – jeans, flip-flops, or tennis shoes (MUST BE SCHOOL APPROPRIATE ATTIRE)
- Wednesday, May 9th New Inductee Meeting/Officer Elections 2:45- 3:15 pm in Cafeteria
Any question may be e-mailed to:
Ms. Price: MeredithJPrice@KATYISD.ORG