Welcome to WoodCreek Elementary Attendance
Notifying School of Your Child's Absence:
- On the day that your student is absent, the parent/guardian should notify the Attendance Office as early as possible via the Online Absence Form EACH day of an absence. Please click on the "Absence Reporting Form" link in the right sidebar on this page. You may also call 281-234-0105 and leave a voice message. When leaving a voice message, please include the student's first and last name, date(s) of absence, teacher's name, cause of absence, name of person calling the absence in, and signature of parent/guardian if a note is written. The Absence Reporting Form, telephone, or personal contact by the parent with the Attendance Office is the preferred method of reporting a student absence.
- If the school does not receive timely notice regarding an absence, the parent may be contacted by school staff or automated phone system to verify the absence.
- Failure to complete the Absence Reporting Form or establish parent telephone or personal contact with the school on the date of the absence or to provide a written note to the Attendance Office within three days of an absence will result in an unexcused absence. Such lapse in notification may trigger a compulsory attendance notification and/or court warning notification.
Partial Day Absences
- If a student is to leave school during the day, a note must be presented to the teacher in the morning stating the reason and time the student will be picked up. It must be signed by the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian may not go to the classroom to get a child. All students must be signed out through the front office. Students will not be called out of the classroom ahead of time. The front office staff will call them when the parent/guardian comes in to sign the student out on the enrollment card.
- If a parent/guardian is contacted by the nurse to come and get a child because of illness, the parent, guardian must also come to the front office and sign the student out.
CompulsoryAttendance Notifications (CAN letters):
- A CAN letter will be mailed when your student has one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
- A student has three (3) or more unexcused absences in a four week period.
- A student has ten (10) or more unexcused absences in a six month period.
- If you receive a CAN letter you have five (5) school days to resolve it with the school Attendance Clerk.
Failure to Attend School Notifications:
- A Failure to Attend School notification will be mailed when your student has excessive absences for personal illness for one or more of the following, including full or partial days:
- A student exceeds five (5) consecutive personal illness days.
- A student has eight (8) cumulative personal illness days in a six month period.
- All future absences will require a statement from a physician or health clinic to be excused.
- Send a doctor's note when possible to avoid having too many personal illness absences. Also, if your student has scheduled appointments, please try to make the appointments after school hours.
Ways to Contact the Registrar/ADA Clerk - Joanna VascoFor more details concerning attendance laws, please refer to the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct booklet from the district.
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses