Welcome to Stephens Elementary Library
Melissa Bryant, Library Media Specialist
Andrea Oliver, Library Aide
Exciting Library Events:
- September 16-20: Book Fair
- October 15th : Visiting author, Saadia Faruqi
- October 31st: Book Character Parade - Students are encouraged to dress like their favorite book character.
- November 11th: Promise to Read - Stephens will have special readers coming to the school to share books with classes.
- November 11th: Literacy Night!
- March 2-6: Book Fair
- April 3rd: Books Alive! theatre company will perform a play based on the book Princess Penelope's Parrot for grades Kinder-5th grade!
- April 24th: Stallions Readers Celebration
Book Fair Dates:
Texas Bluebonnet Award Books
Students in 3rd- 5th grade who have read five Bluebonnet titles may vote for their favorite Bluebonnet book and attend our Reading Celebration in April! Check out the 2019-2020 Texas Bluebonnet Award List: http://www.txla.org/TBA-nominees
BOOK IT! Pizza Hut Reading Program
Students in grades K-5 are given reading calendars in the library during the months of October-March that will document the reading goal for that month. Students are asked to read for 20 minutes for a given number of days; the monthly calendar will give the reading goal for each month. Students who complete each month's goal will be given a coupon for a free personal pizza hut pizza!
Stallions Reading Bingo Challenge
Students in grades 2-5 will receive a Bingo card. As they read certain types of books, they will list the book and have it signed by a parent or teacher. Each time they complete a row, they will bring it to the library for incentives and prizes. Students who complete 3-5 rows will be invited to a special reading celebration in April. Students who complete all 5 rows will stay for pizza at the reading celebration.
Watch for opportunities for students to participate in different book clubs during the year.
Below are some links you will find useful: