2015-2016 Taylor High School Golf Information
Thank you for enrolling in the golf program at Taylor High School. Hopefully this letter will answer any questions you may have regarding the start of the year.
- When are tryouts?
- Golf Tryouts will be Sept. 8 and 9 at Willow Fork Country Club. The kids will be getting a schedule on when I need them to be there once school begins.
- What do I need for golf?
- Each golfer will need their own clubs and golf bag to start the year.
- Proper attire is required.
- Collared shirt with shorts. Shirt must be tucked in. No jean shorts or athletic shorts. Hats are encouraged.
- There must be a physical on file before students can tryout. Physicals can be done through Katy ISD. Click on this link for remaining dates. http://www.katyisd.org/dept/athletics/Documents/Physical%20Dates.pdf
- All athletic paperwork must be turned in before tryouts. They can be filled out online here: Online Forms Powered by Rank One Sport Athlete Management and Scheduling Software.
- The above links can be easily found at katyisd.org
- Each golfer will need to provide their own transportation to/from golf practice. JV golf practices before school from 6:45 to 8:00 on Tuesday and Thursday as well as some optional afternoons. Varsity golf leaves school around 2:00 to attend practice each day.
- What happens if my son/daughter doesn't make the team?
- Their schedule will have to be changed. They can move into P.E. or study hall.
I appreciate the opportunity to help guide your student through high school at James E. Taylor High School and best of luck during tryouts.
Head Golf Coach
TEA Met Standard - District & Campuses